Chapter 11 - Frustrated Kara

It's Monday, the first day of the new semester. It has been a few days now since Kara, Winn and James hosted game night amongst their friends at their home. This means it's also been a few days since Alex drunkenly basically said that she was happy with Kara and Lena, in regards to what they are doing, but told her to be careful because of the danger of hurting her heart. The next morning Alex didn't seem to remember anything about her conversation with Kara, so Kara didn't mention it. This however didn't stop it running through Kara's mind. Kara is worried because while technically she hasn't broken any of their rules as she hasn't told anyone, she did drunkenly admit to having casual sex with someone to all her friends. Then at the same time now both Alex and Eliza have figure out that she's doing it with Lena, and Kara didn't really try too hard with either of them to deny it. So Kara is pretty worried about that.

On the other hand Kara is also concerned because of the words Alex specifically said in regards to her heart. Of course Kara doesn't think that Alex is right to essentially say she easily gives her heart to people and therefore it could be dangerous if she continues to do this with Lena and fall in love. But Kara is sure that she's not going to fall in love with Lena. Kara doesn't think there is any possibility that she can fall in love with Lena and therefore change how she feels about her. Yes there is clearly something between them, but it's just great sexual chemistry and maybe now sprinkled with the connection of a friendship. So Kara definitely is not going to fall in love with Lena Luthor.

In regards to Lena it's been a few days since Kara has spoken to her. Kara's kind of been freaked out by what Alex said, so she's purposely not texting Lena, although she won't admit that is the reason to herself. At the same time Kara hasn't received any messages from Lena either. Kara puts it down to the fact that Lena now has her friend Sam that's she's known for several years, who she is now living with. Kara totally doesn't feel jealous at all. No, she's just annoyed that because of it she isn't having sex with Lena. She totally isn't jealous about Lena having a close friendship with someone else.

Currently Kara is sitting on campus at lunch time with Winn and a few of his friends eating her lunch she brought with her today. The previous night Winn, James and Kara all ordered pizzas for dinner, and they got a bit carried away with how many they ordered. They ended up ordering 5 pizzas, 2 sides of dough balls, 2 sides of potato wedges with melted cheese and bits of bacon on top, 3 sides of garlic bread and 3 ice creams. So clearly they went overboard, but they all knew Kara could eat for days, and even if they didn't finish the food they could just leave it to eat over the next few days. Winn personally hates refrigerated pizza, but Kara and James are totally for it, not that they'd choose it over hot pizza. So that is what both Winn and Kara are currently eating for lunch. Kara is eating some pizza and dough balls, while Winn is eating some of the potato wedges and garlic bread. Kara loves garlic bread but unlike Winn she's not brave enough to eat it while she's out and about. She definitely isn't brave enough to eat it when she could bump into people she knows, she doesn't want them smelling her garlic breath. When Kara makes this decision it totally isn't because she doesn't want to have bad garlic breath if she were to bump into a certain enticing brunette.

As Kara is eating her lunch she's just happy listening to Winn and his friends talk. Kara is a person that is totally comfortable to just listen to a conversation and not say anything, while not having a feeling of not being included. As Kara listens her thoughts drift to Lena once more. She realises she kind of misses seeing and talking to her, and she definitely misses having sex with her. So Kara gives in and pulls out her phone.

Kara (to Lena): Hey, haven't heard from you in a few days. You okay?

Kara gets a text back a few minutes later.

Lena (to Kara): Hi. Sorry, been busy getting Sam and Ruby settled.

Kara can't help but feel a pinch of jealousy.