Chapter 12 - Surprised

Draco woke, confused. His head hurt and was spinning wildly around in circles. It took him a moment to focus his vision. He sat up and noticed a limp figure at the end of his bed and realised it was a sleeping Hermione. He smiled down at her peaceful face. He knew he was falling for Hermione. The memories of the previous night suddenly hit him like a ton of bricks. He could kill Pansy for everything she had done to Hermione. The worst thing was the betrayal from Goyle. They had been friends since first year. Draco got out of bed, careful not to wake Hermione and headed to the bathroom. He had his shower and got dressed.

When he returned to his bedroom, the clock told him that it was too late for breakfast. Hermione was still in his bed asleep and so he decided to go for a walk. He found himself walking through the entrance of the Great Hall. He walked to where he lay on the ground, the day before when Goyle used the Crutiatus curse on him. He of course, had been under the curse before many times. His own father had used it on him, in an attempt to make him 'obedient'.

The thought of his father made him remember the trial, which he worked out to be two days from now. He pushed the thoughts out of his head, not wanting to think about it any more than he had to. Draco left the hall and went back to the common room, straight to his bedroom to find that Hermione was no longer there. Draco didn't like the thought of her wandering off alone and so he went to went out looking for her.

The first place he thought of was the library. He hardly ever went to the library, unless it was to the restricted section. There was row upon row of books. The books that neared the top of the shelves were dusty and covered with cobwebs. The smell of old, untouched books was overpowering. He had no idea why Hermione was so fond of this place.

He spent a while making his way through the maze of book filled shelves, until he finally found her. She was stood talking to Blaise, laughing at whatever he had said. This made Draco curious and so he hid and watched them closely. His heart pounded as he grew outraged at the sight infront of him. It was as if someone had plunged there hand into his chest and ripped out his heart as he witnessed Blaise lean in and kiss Hermione's soft pink lips.