Chapter 15 - Hearing

(A/N) - Sorry for the boring filler chapter but I will upload a more eventful chapter soon! :D

Hermione's POV

'Hermione wake up!'

Hermione could hear the familiar sound that was Draco's voice from beside her, but she refused to open her eyes. No matter how much he shook her and shouted her name, she wouldn't budge.

'First lesson starts in 45 minutes.' He stated.

To that, Hermione shot up, immediately wishing that she hadn't. Her vision was blurry and wouldn't focus on one thing. Her head spun as she steadied herself. When her eyes finally focused she realised that she was sat in the bathroom, meaning that she must've slept there. That would explain why her back hurt so much. Hermione had never felt like this in her whole life. She just wanted to curl up into a ball and sleep for an eternity. Apparently that wasn't an option.

'No. My head hurts. Let's just not go to lessons today.' Hermione said.

'Not going to happen. You would absolutely kill me tomorrow if I let you ditch, so get up. You aren't the only one that feels like their head is going to explode. Get in the shower, you reek of alcohol.'

Hermione pouted in defeat and kicked him out of the bathroom so she could shower. The warm water that ran over her skin was calming. That was, until the events of last night finally hit her. She remembered what Draco had said about wanting to kiss her. He was probably just drunk. She thought, brushing away any remnants of hope that he might actually like her. She decided to just forget about it and pretend that nothing happened.

Just when she was about to leave her room, she noticed a letter on her bed. She picked it up and opened the envelope.

Miss Granger,

You have been excused from your first lesson. I would like to see you in my office.'

Professor McGonagall.

She left the common room immediately and made her way to McGonagall's office.

'Come in.' Professor McGonagall said before Hermione even had a chance to knock. She opened the door slowly and walked inside.  'Take a seat.'

'Good morning.' Hermione said politely as she sat down opposite the professor.

'I would like to inform you that Miss Parkinson and Mr Goyle have been taken by the Ministry and are awaiting trial.' Hermione felt relieved. 'However, I regret to tell you that you must be present at that trial along with Mr Malfoy to act as witnesses to the crime.' I guess I knew that was coming. Hermione thought to herself.

'The rest of the school will be informed as soon as possible.'

'Thank you' Hermione said quietly.

'Somehow trouble always manages to find its way to you. As an extra precaution, your password has been changed to 'Obliviate'. I will also be speaking with Mr Malfoy to tell him what is happening. Be careful, Hermione.' McGonagall said seriously.

It wasn't long before Hermione was back in the common room after spending the day avoiding people and bright lights. Thankfully, her headache had gone.

'Obliviate.' Hermione said and the portrait swung open. She was curious as to why Draco was not at dinner. The sound of someone clearing their throat behind her made her jump as she walked into the common room.

'Sorry, I didn't mean to scare you.' Draco said.

Hermione noticed that he was wearing a white shirt with the top few buttons undone and a black suit jacket.

'Why so dressed up?' She asked curiously.

'It's... My father's hearing is tonight.' He looked nervous, and slightly scared, although he would never admit it. 'I just... I don't know if I should go.

Hermione thought for a moment about what a vile and cruel man that Lucius Malfoy really was.

'I can come with you... If you want me too.'

'Would you mind?'

'No. Not at all.' She lied. In truth, she never wanted to have to see him again. But she would, for Draco.

Hermione went and got changed into Jeans and a smart top and they left to go to the hearing.