Chapter 20 - Uncertainty

Hermione's POV

As Hermione approached the Weasley household, she began to feel slightly nervous. Maybe I shouldn't be here. She thought to herself. Ignoring her thoughts, she raised her hand to knock the front door, but before she had a chance to, the door opened.

'Hermione!' Mrs Weasley called as she hugged her. 'Oh, do come in!'

After being ushered into the house, she closed the door behind her, and followed Mrs Weasley into the kitchen. Hermione always felt safe at the Weasley household. They had been her second family for years, especially since she made her parents forget her. She still didn't know whether or not she should bring back her parents lost memories. It still might not be safe.

'Sit down dear.' She smiled.'

'Thank you.' Hermione replied politely. 

'How's being back at Hogwarts? I heard about you and Mr Malfoy.'

Hermione's face suddenly dropped and her heart involuntarily started to race. 'You heard what?' She asked.

'About you both being head boy and head girl. What else?'

'Oh, Nothing. How are you doing?' She changed the subject.

'As as best as I can be. It may be difficult, but we will get through it eventually.' Tears filled her eyes as she spoke. Hermione placed her hand on top of Mrs Weasley's.

'I'm sorry.' She spoke to no reply. 'Where's George?'

'The same place he always is. He's upstairs.' She replied, sighing.

'Can I talk to him?'

'You can try. He doesn't do much talking these days.' She looked as if she were trying hard to hold back her tears, it was hard for Hermione to see her like that. She excused herself to give Mrs Weasley a moment, before she went to find George.

After climbing up the long staircase, she stood outside George's bedroom.

'George?' She called as she knocked the door. Hermione could hear light footsteps coming towards her until the door opened.

'Hermione.' Was all he said.