Chapter 5 - 'Draco'

A/N -    Sorry for the short chapter, the next one will be longer. I just wanted to put in a quick filler. Feel free to comment what you think of this as i am not sure if i want to continue it.

The castle was mostly empty as Hermione and Draco walked back to their common room. Draco looked at Hermione and her eyes were red and puffy from where she had been crying. As they turned the corner, they walked into a rather angry looking Ron, who walked straight up to Draco. He pushed him up against the wall and pointed his wand at his throat. He had obviously heard about what had happened in charms class. Ron's eyes were full of hatred.

'What did you do?!' Ron shouted at Draco.

'I didn't do anything.' Draco replied bitterly.

Hermione stood there, shocked at his sudden outburst. 'Ron! She exclaimed. 'Stop it! He didn't do anything!' Ron glanced at her unsure. He shoved Malfoy out of the way.

'I swear Malfoy.' He spat his name. 'If I hear that you've even looked at Hermione in the wrong way, I will kill you.' He threatened.

Malfoy sniggered. You stay the hell away from me Weasel.' He said, disgust present in his voice.

Ron stormed off in the other direction. 'I'll meet you in the common room.' She muttered as she ran after him. She caught up and she spun around as she verbally attacked him.

'What in hell was that?!' She demanded angrily.

'I was... just...'

Malfoy followed Hermione to where she and Ron were arguing. He hid out of sight, watching them both. He couldn't help but laugh at the fact that they were fighting over him.

'You were just what?!' She interrupted. 'I can take care of myself Ron! I don't need you threatening Draco for something he didn't even do!'

Malfoy was surprised. She had never called him by his first name before. It was strange, hearing her say 'Draco' instead of 'Malfoy'. It was weird but he liked it. A small smile crept its way onto his lips.

'Since when do you call him that?!' Ron was clearly jealous that Hermione was sticking up for Draco instead of him.

'Call him what? His name?' Hermione retorted sarcastically, not actually knowing the answer to his question.

'I don't have time for this.' He stated simply before walking away, leaving her standing there. Draco watched as her face dropped. He turned to leave before she noticed him but, of course, she did.

'Who's there?' She asked, feeling incredibly stupid calling out to thin air. She approached the place where she heard something moving. She turned the corner and found Draco smirking.

'Please tell me that you weren't listening.' She said embarrassed.

'I was. 'Draco.' He said. 'Draco.' He said, mocking her. 'I like it.'

Hermione's cheeks grew red. 'Come on, let's go.' She said, grabbing his arm and pulling him towards their common room, quickly avoiding the subject.