🐬15🐬

Okay, maybe he wasn't as ready as he thought. He was trying his hardest not to completely panic and doing breathing exercises with Jaemin.

"You've got this Chenle!" Jaemin smiled.

"I'm really scared." Chenle sighed.

"Okay, let's go over everything. You're going to walk to the door of the ballroom and Mark is going to be there. He'll probably be surprised, but he'll let you in. All you have to do is walk up to Jisung and claim your man." Jaemin spoke slowly and calmly.

"Jaemin, his father is going to be there. I've never officially met his father. There's going to be royalty there too." Chenle whined and wiped his sweaty palms.

"Who cares?" Donghyuk suddenly appeared.

"Donghyuk, we agreed that I would be the emotional support." Jaemin sighed.

"Of course it would be you. I'm just here to make sure he doesn't back out. I'll get my trusty speech ready in case he starts being insecure. Also, I'm going to say hi to my boyfriend."

"Boyfriend?" Chenle questioned.

"Never mind that Chenle. Donghyuk is delusional about Mark. We're focusing on you right now. You'll do great, just go."

"Mark?" Chenle frowned. He must have been too focused on himself that he didn't notice his friends getting closer to these people as well. Now that he thought about it, Donghyuk was always talking about Mark. Jaemin was spending plenty of time with the other two also. He realized he would be doing them a favor by marrying Jisung. If they stayed here, they would all get to be with these people. Jisung's friends were his allies, he realized. They helped make him realize how badly he wanted to be with the tall prince.

Chenle stepped away from his step-siblings. He smiled at them and bowed his head and started walking towards the door of the ballroom.

"Is he going?" Donghyuk gasped.

"He is." Jaemin laughed. "Go Chenle!"

He took a deep breath and opened the door of the ballroom. He turned to see Mark there, as he was told.

"Chenle? What are you doing here?" Mark was surprised.

"I've changed my mind. I'm here to see my fiancé." Chenle smiled brightly.

Mark's eyes widened. He then smiled back and patted Chenle's back. "You look great. I'm glad you changed your mind. I like how confidence looks on you."

"Thank you." Chenle walked to the steps and was asked his name before walking down.

"Zhong Chenle!" His name was called out. It resonated throughout the beautiful ballroom. Everyone looked up at the unexpected guest. All eyes were trained on him, but Chenle only needed one pair of eyes on him. The blond boy suddenly felt nervous again, but he kept his smile plastered and walked down the steps.

He made eye contact with Jisung, whose mouth was lightly parted and eyes wide in shock. He was dressed in all black, with a white tie, and Chenle couldn't help but remember the times they've unintentionally matched. Now it was different though, these were traditional marriage colors and the thought of that made Chenle feel so glad. Perhaps they were sculpted for each other.

Jisung had been dancing with a pretty princess in a pink dress. It made Chenle slightly jealous, though he would hate to admit it. He walked down to the center where Jisung was frozen. He couldn't let someone take Jisung away from him, not so easily. He almost ran into his arms, but he knew he needed to be formal, so he speed-walked.

Chenle was suddenly right in front of Jisung. He held his hand out for Jisung to take. They soon started dancing together. It felt familiar to both of them. Jisung was Chenle's perfect dance partner and Chenle, Jisung's. They had done this before. This time there was music playing just for them. No longer was it background music and pleasant humming, it was now a real formal dance with nothing to hide.