⭐️4⭐️

They danced and danced into the night. It felt oddly familiar to be in their position. They danced into the garden surrounded by rose bushes and by then, they had slowed down. Chenle laid his head on the tall stranger's shoulder, humming out a tune as they gently swayed. It was disgustingly romantic, but Chenle savored every silent moment he shared with this stranger. He was still very curious as to who this man, or more so, boy, was.

Chenle laughed quietly and gently, not a full on laugh were it would be high pitched, but a small laugh, still full of content. The stranger held Chenle tighter at that. He chuckled back a bit. It was a cute little awkward gesture that gave Chenle a fluttery feeling in the stomach.

"I'm Zhong Chenle." Chenle spoke quietly.

"I'm Park Jisung." The other whispered, mirroring Chenle's formality with a light laugh. "You must not be Korean." Chenle noticed how deep the voice was and it sent small chills down his spine.

"I'm Chinese." Chenle giggled. They were both feeling giggly. He kept his head on Jisung's shoulder and closed his eyes, feeling Jisung's almost rapid breathing.

"I'm the prince." Jisung said. Chenle laughed and so did Jisung. It was a random outburst that Chenle didn't take seriously. Little did he know, Jisung was glad that he took it as a joke.

"Then, I shouldn't be dancing with you, your majesty." Chenle spoke with a teasing tone.

"You're not supposed to dance with the prince?" The taller asked, curiously.

"I promised my step-brothers I wouldn't dance with him. I'm assuming they want to make their moves. Jaemin was being his arrogant self and Donghyuk with his loud mouth...they were arguing. I don't think it's fair, though, anyway." Chenle said.

"Why?" Jisung sounded a bit stunned.

"Well, the prince isn't a prize to win. I feel bad that he has to dance with so many strangers." Chenle shrugged, moving his head away from Jisung's shoulder to face him. He regretted as soon as he met Jisung's eyes. The other boy was staring back and it felt as if he was staring through to his soul, making Chenle feel flustered. He was just glad it was dark out. They were silent for a moment, just staring at each other, until Jisung broke the silence.

"Aren't we strangers to each other?"

"We are, but the prince has to pick his lifelong partner, I'm assuming. He has to dance with people he doesn't even want to dance with. You asked me to dance, so I'm assuming you wanted to dance." Chenle said almost mumbling the last part out of embarrassment.

"You assumed right. I don't really know anyone here either, except my couple of friends." Jisung lowered his head, sadly.

"I don't know anyone here except my step-brothers. Might I add, we only recently started getting along." Chenle said, "Also that one guy I talked to, who told me the prince is really awkward and gets nervous." Chenle laughed.

"Who told you that?"

"His friend, Jeno."

"Jeno." Jisung repeated, cleanching his first.

"You know Jeno?"

"Do I?" He spoke sarcastically. Chenle was about to say something, when Jisung took Chenle's hand and stared walking off. He practically dragged Chenle since his long legs were able to carry him quicker through the bushes. Chenle followed along, speed walking. He was a bit annoyed at all the dragging, but followed nonetheless, curious to see where the other boy was taking him.

"You could have told me to follow you." Chenle said when they stopped in front of a big cement fountain at the center of the garden. Jisung sat down and Chenle followed.