🧴2🧴

"Woah why is he here?" Donghyuk said, crossing his arms. Jaemin had dragged Chenle into Donghyuk's room without explanations. Chenle watched as Jaemin rolled his eyes and walked towards Donghyuk's wardrobe, opening it after he let go of Chenle. He moved things around with the loud drag of the hangers.

"Sir, if you think  I'm letting you borrow clothes, then you're wrong. You never gave me back my jacket." Donghyuk whined, pouting at Jaemin. Jaemin just looked and looked until he stopped looking and let out an "aha." He took something out of the closet and measured the outfit against Chenle as if checking if it fit.

"Is that-" Donghyuk started before he was cut off.

"It doesn't look like it fits perfect. I wish I knew how to sow, but it'll do for now since there isn't much time." Jaemin said before once again taking the confused boys wrist and dragging him out of the room and into his own room. Chenle remained quiet, still in shock at what was happening. The experience felt odd, but he didn't particularly dislike it.

Jaemin walked over to his vanity mirror, still dragging Chenle and simply said, "Sit." Chenle did as told and sat, uncomfortably. "Did you shower?" Jaemin asked. Chenle shook his head and bowed his head sadly. He hadn't had any time to shower since his chores dragged on too long. "Go shower. Quickly~ Quickly~." Jaemin said pointing to his bathroom and waving his hands. "I'll bring you a towel."

Chenle went into Jaemin's bathroom and showered. He used one Jaemin's nice shampoos that he never had the privilege of using. He scrubbed his body harshly, wanting to removed all of the dirt he had accumulated throughout the day. He even applied some lotion to his cracking skin, leaving it smoother than it had ever been.

Jaemin kept his promise of bringing his towel and even a bathrobe. When Chenle walked out of the shower, he found Jaemin with a face of makeup. He smiled at Chenle and it was one of the warmest smiles he had ever seen directed at him. His smile seemed to almost reach his ears and it was contagious, at least to Chenle it was.

"Why are you just staring, c'mon sweetie, sit down." Jaemin motioned to his chair and immediately started drying Chenle's hair for him with a towel. Chenle wanted to cry at the kindness he was receiving. It was odd. He felt his tears prickle and a lump formed in his throat.

"No~ don't do it again." Jaemin took Chenle's face in his hands, watching his eyes well up with tears. "Don't cry. It makes me sad." Jaemin hugged Chenle against him for a bit.

"Why are you being nice to me?" Chenle asked. Jaemin just sighed and held him tightly.

"Chenle. You deserve to go to the ball. I know we haven't been on good terms for years, but seeing you cry doesn't feel right. You're usually very positive despite mom's cruelty. I know we haven't acted like a family to you and I'm so, so sorry, but I still want you to be happy. I have never seen you so sad, but I'm guessing you always find a way to hide your sadness. Let me take care of you like an older brother for once." Jaemin said, starting to dry Chenle's hair again.

Chenle didn't say anything, though, just nodded. He honestly wasn't ready to forgive Jaemin yet. He received bullying and neglect from him in the past. Although siblings argue, it was usually one sided teasing. If Chenle ever "hurt" his siblings, then his step-mother would punish him in terrible ways, each punishment felt worse than the last. This is why Chenle learned to keep his mouth shut and to never use violence. It kept him out of trouble.

"You better stay away from the prince though, he's mine, got it?" Jaemin said, trying to make the conversation lighter. Chenle forced a laugh  and nodded. "Don't worry. I won't talk to him." Jaemin smiled and started to look through his makeup. If he was honest, he had always felt bad for Chenle, but seeing him cry made him finally crack.

The door opened and both boys turned. "Jaemin, I have no idea what to-" Donghyuk frowned. "Jaemin! What are you doing?"

Jaemin cleared his throat. Chenle felt bad. He wasn't supposed to be here. What if it had been his step-mother and not Donghyuk. He would have gotten in trouble probably.

"Jaemin, if you're going to help big head Chenle, at least use the right color. Your skin is definitely not the same color as his!" Donghyuk shook his head. Chenle felt like laughing, seeing Jaemin just roll his eyes.

"Like you have his skin tone." Jaemin muttered.

"Listen here, not everyone has pretty brown skin like me. Chenle's skin is as white as paper." Donghyuk stopped talking for a bit, then his face lit up. "We may not have his skin tone, but I know someone who does~"

"No-"

"Be right back!"

Donghyuk left the room and came back not long after, waving some concealer and foundation. Jaemin made an "O" shape with his mouth and started laughing. "Did you really just go steal mom's makeup without her realizing?" Donghyuk smiled proudly and nodded before walking over and helping apply the makeup.

Chenle's skin was like porcelain. It was so clear despite never even having a routine besides soap and water. His brothers had always had a hint of jealousy towards Chenle. Even now, they realized how pretty their step-brother was.  Donghyuk applied blush to his cheeks gently, telling him he needed color or he would look dead. Jaemin applied lip balm and lightly applied some red lip tint, telling him his lips were too chapped and white. Deep down though, they both knew Chenle didn't even need the makeup to look nice.

After they were done, Chenle stared at the mirror in awe. He couldn't believe what he was seeing. "Not as pretty as me, but we tried." Jaemin shrugged. "Anyway, put on the suit. It was your dad's by the way. We kept it to see if any of us would wear it, but I think you should wear it."

Chenle stared at himself in the pretty suit. It was a very light and silky material. The color was a light blue, almost white. The shoes were black and his blond hair was nicely done with a small golden pin on one side, holding it back. His makeup looked pretty too. His lips looked plumper and his fair skin looked almost immaculate.

"I guess he can look pretty." Donghyuk said. "Now you better help me, Jaemin. I'm still freaking out over what to wear!"