♦️10♦️

Chenle definitely recognized that deep voice. It caused all his senses to react. He slowly turned around to see the boy standing wearily, having come from behind a bookshelf. Glasses were resting low on the bridge of his nose and his hair was sticking up messily. His attire was toned down a bit from the last time Chenle saw him, but it still showcased his wealth clearly.

Both boys stared at each other in shock, not having expected this at all. Chenle felt his heartbeat pick up and he got a cold sweat of embarrassment from his attire and just the condition he was in right now. He had imagined meeting Jisung again plenty of times in his head, but not like this, not when he was just released from the hospital and with one of his most worn down, brown trousers he owned. It was as if both boys had agreed on what they would wear, because while Chenle was wearing worn down brown, Jisung was wearing a more dark burnt brown color in his trousers. His white button down had some buttons unopened and his sleeves were cuffed, which didn't go unnoticed by Chenle.

Jisung pushed his glasses up, as if he wasn't believing what he was seeing, and he started walking forwards towards the blonde boy in an almost hasty manner. Chenle stepped backwards onto the door, looking down at the floor nervously. Soon, a pair of well polished shoes intruded his vision, right in front of his ugly shoes. He gulped before looking up, meeting eyes with the other.

"Hi." Jisung spoke quietly, smiling, trying to hold back from showing his full excitement at the moment he'd been awaiting.

"...Hi." Chenle said back. He gulped, again.

"Zhong Chenle." Jisung mumbled under his breath. "Where have you been?"

Chenle frowned at that, not quite understanding what he meant. Chenle played with his hands, nervously. He would have felt more confident like last time if he wasn't dressed this way. Chenle couldn't tell, because he was too focused on himself, but Jisung was as nervous as he was. The tall boy wasn't aware of this meeting whatsoever. One moment he was falling asleep while studying and the next, he was woken up by loud banging on a door.

"What are you doing here?" Chenle worked up some courage to say.

"I live here actually." Jisung smiled shyly.

"Oh, you work here too?" Chenle asked. He wasn't dumb, no, just in denial. Even from the beginning he had actually considered the possibly of Jisung being a prince, he just couldn't believe a prince would dance with a low level person like himself. He liked pretending he was someone else, with wealth and charm, so he played clueless and convinced himself that Jisung wasn't a prince, he couldn't possibly be, right? Wrong.

"Um, no, actually. I'm next in line if you know what I mean." Jisung said, trying to avoid the cocky statement of "I'm the prince."

Chenle laughed airily with a polite, forced smile. He wasn't so shocked after all. He almost knew Jisung was actually a prince.

"Then I guess I should say, happy late birthday, huh?"

He looked Jisung over, noticing how adorable he looked right now with the shy smile and attire. These were his "casual" clothes he was wearing and it made Chenle feel small because Jisung's "casual" clothes were worth more than he'd ever seen at home.

Jisung chuckled lightly at that, but he couldn't help but notice that Chenle was acting strange. Chenle looked nervous and he didn't seem to have the same energy as last time.

"Thank you. No one actually wished me a happy birthday that day, except for my friends and family. It's nice to hear someone say that." Jisung said, backing away from Chenle a bit, seeing as the shorter boy looked uncomfortable.