🐰11🐰

Chenle picked at his food, thinking to himself. He was sat at a big dinning table with his step-siblings, Jisung, and Jisung's friends. It would have been more awkward if it wasn't for Jaemin and Donghyuk getting to know the others.

Jisung, the prince

My partner, Jisung

Jisung, my mouse

My friend, Jisung

Jisung, my fiancé

Jisung, my love

My husband, Jisung

Chenle thought to himself of the different ways he could address Jisung if they were to actually get engaged or married. He felt warmth in his cheeks at each thought and image that flashed through his mind. Most were pure, but soon they began escalating and he felt guilty at his thoughts. He brought his cold hands to his warm cheeks in an effort to cool them down.

He looked up to meet eyes with Mark who looked at him with a raised eyebrow at his strange actions. Chenle cleared his throat and continued to pick at his food.

"It's getting cold, you know." Renjun spoke to Chenle, referring to his food.

"Chenle, eat your food. You are not winding up in the hospital again." Jaemin said in a nagging tone that made Chenle actually pick up some food.

"He was at the hospital?" Chenle heard a sweet voice mumble with concern. He avoided making eye-contact and started to eat his food.

"Jisung, where's your dad?" Jeno asked.

"Oh, the maids took him dinner since he wasn't feeling well enough. It's okay though, I'm sure he would have made someone uncomfortable." Jisung said, looking at Chenle who didn't even notice. The dinner continued on peacefully, until Donghyuk gasped dramatically.

"I just remembered something! Chenle's ring! You should have it right?" Donghyuk turned to Jisung. Chenle tried to ignore their conversation.

"Oh, you're right, Donghyuk! He told us he left it with a cute stranger he danced with at the ball when he had the quote, unquote best night of his life." Jaemin added, with an almost evil smirk. Chenle's hand stopped midway from reaching for the bread rolls.

"Best night.." Jisung looked shocked.

"Yeah. We didn't know he meant prince Jisung when he said his name dreamily." Donghyuk laughed.

"We should have known. What dummies we are. He even called him "my mouse." How cute is that? Jisung looks so much like a mouse, the little cutie." Jaemin cooed.

"Mouse?" Jisung smiled cutely, catching Chenle's eye who was cringing at the words he had "secretly" shared with his step-siblings. Chenle quickly looked down in embarrassment. He regretted ever saying all that to the two. He should have known he couldn't trust them.

"You do look like a mouse, Jisung!" Jeno laughed. Everyone was now staring between the two to get them to say something. Chenle couldn't handle the embarrassment. He laid his head down on the table.

"Leave him alone guys." Renjun shook his head, "Jisung is no different. God, he even started taking an interest to Mandarin and asking me so many questions about the culture."

"Oh yeah, Jisung here is a romantic. He was all like "I'd rather marry Chenle in a day, than anyone else I've met, talk about love at first sight." Jeno joined, trying to imitate Jisung's voice but failing.

Chenle glanced at Jisung, feeling his heartstrings being pulled. He almost wanted to coo along with Donghyuk and Jaemin. Jisung looked so panicked. His fist clenched on itself as he too cringed at himself. Chenle held back a laugh.