Nik Wood

Nik is a common depressed guy you could probably find almost anywhere. He’s nothing special and without any noticeable ambitions if you give him a first glance, but if you take a closer look you would find that the first impression you got from him could be thrown out of the window. Dry and boring is the worst words you could describe him with. Nik comes from a long line of wealthy, successful, smart, handsome, beautiful men and women surnamed Wood. A Wood’s mission is to create something spectacular before the day they die. From a family of craftsman, they slowly transformed into a family of politicians, businessmen and woman and influencers, all creating something, but instead of just creating swords, jewellery and art; they create business, power and influence.

The Woods are the most successful family in the world because there has not yet been a family member who took out more than they put in. But even so their strongest point is that all the Woods keep in touch. Indeed, the Woods are so spread out that they have at least one business in each corner of the world and a business for everything, but they keep in touch. They use each other’s power.

It was started with the first three Wood brothers in the early 1600s. The father, a wood sculpture that sculped parts the king’s royal throne and awarded the surnamed Wood. The three brothers all pursued something and were successful. The eldest brother, just like his father, became a wood sculptor while the middle child pursued blacksmithing and the youngest, painting. In a decade, the three became a massive economic power and they relied on each other immensely.  The three decided to make it their and the next generations responsibility to map out their family tree and write three rules that is followed even today. So far, every single family member was mapped out and not a single was forgotten with time.

A meeting is held every 10 years and a family member is added officially once they reached the age of 20. If the Woods would die out it would probably happen at the meeting, but thankfully the Woods aren’t that dumb. They have a lot of enemies and there has not been a meeting where someone did not try to blow them up. Sometimes there are a lot more than one party, it’s funny to see their confused faces when they meet each other. They have state of the art tech that no other country has. Even anti nukes.

There was an incident where a country tried straight up nuking them and another where they tried crashing a satellite into them. They really did underestimate the Woods’s space force. Those countries disappeared from the face of the planet. The second rule is to help each other and use each other. The point of the meeting is for the younger generation to make note of the number of resources at their disposal. It’s the reason that countries are so afraid of them. It’s because if you anger one, you anger them all. The country that angered them wouldn’t know how it disappeared. The Woods could cause an economic crisis at the flick of their fingers. They could elect a president on their own with the amount of influence they have. They could choose who dies and no one will pursue the matter with the underground organisations and power over the police they have. It’s the best 400 years of teamwork the world has ever seen. The Woods really does bring out the best in each other.

The third unwitting rule is that every family member’s spouse must change their surname to Woods, no matter what gender. They are not expected to achieve anything since they are not blood related, but their children are blood-related and are expected to achieve something great. Not to worry though, the children aren’t pressured into doing something they don’t want. Every single Woods are expected to pursue their passion, but it's in the Woods blood to not pursue their passion with normal like sense. Their logic works like this: I want to become a doctor -> Study -> Build a few hospitals -> Work as a doctor in my hospital -> This way nothing can hold me back. Therefore, completing their family’s legacy.

Nik is no exception of the typical Wood. The reason he looks like a normal depressed guy with no ambition is because he’s clocking his handsomeness with a hoody, a mask, and glasses. As for why he looks depressed and about to die from the pointlessness of living, is because he’s thinking. It’s a family trait. On his walk he forgot his face changing mask at home. An exclusive mask invented by the Woods and only worn by the Woods to avoid the press. It makes use of light to change the user's appearance. Since he forgot it at home he went to the nearest shop and bought a hoody, glasses, and a mask.

Today is a big day for Nik. There was an emergence meeting called by his father about the new game he created. He wants to propose a massive idea surrounding his new VR game called Endorrain Online. It is praised to be so realistic; one couldn't differ it from the real world. But that's a topic for the emergency meeting, right now, Nik is taking a walk to relieve all the stress that's been building up. He wants to build a gaming company that finds gaming talents and train them, making a professional player factory that sells in game things for real money. Of course his real goal is to become the best support there ever was, but that's just Wood logic. Want to become the best support-> Build a game company-> Assembly the best players for your party-> Become the best support for the best party-> This way nothing can hold me back.

The real reason Nik is stressing for the meeting is that he will be the one running the operation since Endorrain Online operation and his gaming company plan's interests both align. Nik has been planning what to do for a month. He thought of countless different scenarios and countless ways everything could go off the rails. Everything from the emergency meeting to the game itself he got planned out and if nothing goes wrong he could make this operation very successful.

He doesn't know the contents of the game except for what his dad told him. To make it fair his father only told him little details about how the game will work. He already planned what his character name and his race would be, well what his wants his race to be. Unfortunately the race and place is randomised based on the amount of population, living standards and pretty much everything that could effect the birth rate. Even though you start off in the game as a twenty year old in the game, your avatar will have it's own unique backstory that differs from everyone else depending on the history, place and race your avatar spawns. So good luck getting a rare race and backstory over the millions of poor uninteresting humans.

Nik is fine with any race in Endorrain Online with high magical power and some connection to light magic. He is also fine with nature magic. Nature magic is ok because of its healing capability. It may only be second on the list after light magic and one above water magic, but with a few items and opportunities the game forum said you could boost your nature magic's life energy, boosting it's healing ability, as well as it's defence, attack and attack speed like no other. The forum said there is a lot of such opportunities in the game and to stay relevant, Nik would need to get a lot. A supporter's job is to bring out the best and strongest self of every single member in your party, but it also includes bringing out the weakest and worst of your opponents. That includes debuffing and restraining opponents.

Again light tops the chart for debuffing. The game developers said that they will be making dark magic and light magic the same thing. No matter how they look at it darkness is just something devoid of light. Light users are supposed to manipulate light. Taking light away from one area should make it dark. Like giving buffs, debuffs is the other side of the same coin. Second again is nature magic because of it's powerful restraint magic and then water because it has some degree of debuffing and restraining. Water can be a catalyst for healing but it's usually not picked for it's healing and debuffing, because no matter how you look at it water is the jack of all trades but master of non.

There is always a better choice if you compare water with the other elements. Water never is number one on the list but are on several lists. It's usually chosen by mages because of it's incredible restraining ability in AoE (area of effect) abilities and it's strong deviant ice magic. It doesn't have a high attack power nor a high defense ability, but it's restraining ability makes up for it. It doesn't restrain like nature magic, but slowing enemies down and pushing them away is enough. Plus when the main healer dies the water mage can take over in critical situations.

Nik wants to become the best support, there ever was so nothing is out of the picture. If he gets the water element he might be able to upgrade it into a deviant that strengthens it's healing ability, just like the nature magic deviant. So far Nik knows what he wants to do for himself but he still needs other people. That would be the biggest roadblock in his gaming career. He wants to start a guild full of talented players, but it's hard to find talent. The Woods are being excluded from the logic.