Meanwhile

After a whole hour of meditating Nik succeeded in increasing his mana capacity by two points. Like the patient man he was he decided that things where going too slow. The next hour he would use nature magic to speed up the process. He would use it until he strained his consciousness and then wait till the pain cooled down. After another hour of constant straining he improved his mana capacity by 4. After that it just became quicker and quicker because the amount of nature magic he could use increased. Also little did he know but after constantly straining his consciousness improved a little. He could sense a whole 3 centimetres further and could handle the extra mana capacity points better. Before Nik knew it, at the end of the day he increased his mana capacity to 50 and he could see 5 meters away.

Unfortunately Nik had to log off to go eat dinner with his family. Nik took off his headset and placed it on the table a few meters away. He took a shower and got dressed before going down to go eat

When he came in the rest of the family was already there waiting for him. Teo glanced at Nik before saying

"Took you long enough"

"What happened to you two?"

Teo was sitting there folding his hands like the world done him wrong while Luna was sitting there happily humming like a hummingbird. Luna giggled and explained.

"We got one of the best special races on the wheel. It's a 4 star Twin Fate Faye. We are supposedly connected and share everything. We can even feel where the other party is. The only downside is that when one of us dies we both die. I can control misfortune while he can control fortune. He's just jealous cause I can make people trip."

"No! It's not just that. We are so weak. We share the same stat board and same stats, so we can improve our stats fast, but still. We only started with a mana capacity of 50. Do you realise how little that is? And fortune sucks. All I can do is avoid arrows and a few other cheap tricks. While Luna gets to make people trip and fall into holes in the most embarrassing way possible. It's funny but I want that too."

Hearing how easy Teo and Luna had it, Nik's mood turned sour. Sensing his big brother's mood Teo shut up. Gritting his teeth, Nik gave his father a sharp glare with an "I'm glad I abandoned you and I would do it again look." However that look looked like, it wasn't scary enough to scare his father. Nik's father just scoffed at his attempt and continued eating. Nik grumpily sat down and ate his food in silence. After a full minute of awkward silence Luna gathered the courage to ask Nik what was wrong.

"Do you know how lucky you two are?"

Teo gulped and Nik further explained.

"I started with one single capacity point. Not only that, I'm a plant with an annoying 360 vision and no eyes to close. I can't even move because I'm a plant and the moment something steps on me I die. Also my backstory was only two sentences long and a wild wolf peed on me. If I'm found I'll be probably be made into some staff considering I'm the hardest material on the planet"

While Teo's and Luna's mouths where hanging open, Nik's father thought a little while before staring wide eyed at Nik.

"Yes father it's the world tree sapling. And I hate to break it to you guys, but 4 stars aren't the best on the wheel. It's 5 stars."

Now it was Nik's parent's turn to let their mouths hang wide open. Nik just ignored all the stares and continued eating. Teo commented

"But I thought 4 stars where as high as it goes. There where only 4 stars on our wheel."

Luna caught on quick.

"It's probably our buddy spawning system that makes 4 stars the highest you can go."