07 | cindercora

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
CHAPTER 7

Upon entering the club my first thought was that I should've just stayed at home

People were dancing sensually to a rich voice that was oozing through the speakers and filling the room with sound.

The sultry mood was only serving to make me feel painfully single and as though I should have come here with a date, or not at all.

Lucy tapped on my shoulder and said something that I couldn't make out over the constant hum of noise.

"What?" I questioned in a voice far too loud for a conversation between two people, brows furrowed.

"I asked if you want a drink." She repeated, slightly muffled by laughter from somewhere near us.

"Sure." I replied, as we headed over to the bar.

A sleek mahogany worktop met plush purple chairs to frame an impressive selection of drinks and create a classy atmosphere.

"What can I get for ya?" The bartender asked as he flashed us a smile.

"The strongest thing you have." I said, knowing that I'd need it if I wanted to get through tonight in one piece.

"Coming right up darling," he responded with obvious humour in his voice, turning around to go fetch me a mystery drink.

Lucy launched into conversation about a particularly irritating customer she had served during her shift, but I found my attention drawn away from her.

I couldn't shake the feeling that I was being watched, and goosebumps were slowly rising all over my soft skin.

I spun round to be met with piercing blue eyes.
Those piercing blue eyes.

The same ones that rendered me unable to walk for an embarrassing amount of time in the middle of a street.

"Here you go." The bartender announced, shifting my gaze from the beautiful stranger and sliding a glass to me from across the counter.

"Thanks." I said, barely pausing before I downed my drink, desperate for anything that would distract me from him.

I tried my best to ignore the eyes that I could still feel blazing through my skin, but my resolution wavered and I found myself swivelling around yet again.

It was as if there was a magnetic pull between the both of us, and I was powerless to do anything but stand up and move with the current.

His eyes had been following me since I left the bar, almost as if he knew that I would end up coming to him.

Scratch that. He definitely knew if the smirk that he was sporting was anything to go by.

I stopped in front of him with the ghost of a smile on my face.