Chapter 13: Smooth dude

Good things come to those who wait, and Finley prided himself on being a very patient man.

Oh indeed, he had waited so long that he rightfully deserved something nice by now. Yes, yes, he deserved something nice, something big and tall with soft skin and pillowy thighs.

Four years he had waited for his something. He was not one of those so-called 'nice guys' who would harass and guilt someone into dating them, if Brent had rejected him, then Finely would've stepped down and moved out of his way with grace and dignity. Probably. He would've cried... a lot if Brent rejected him, but he didn't! So fuck you to everyone who didn't believe in the power of Finley's suave.

He was a smooth dude. His skills of seduction were unmatched! It was incredible that Brent hadn't fallen in love with him the moment he saw Finley. It was as much a blessing and a curse to be this effortlessly handsome.

He licked the tips of his index and pinky finger and smoothed down his eyebrows in a slick motion. He couldn't help but let a cheeky grin break across his face and a hearty chuckle escape his lips.

"Why are you being so weird?" Miria raked her older brother with a disgusted glare as he made a gross face that she had dubbed 'Finley-thinks-he's-a-fuckboy-face' for the fifth time today.

"I'm not being weird." Argued Finley. "I'm just thinking about nice things. Am I not allowed to be happy anymore?"

"Not if you keep making that stupid face. Makes you look constipated but it also makes you look like you're enjoying it."

Finley purposefully made the face again, biting his bottom lip with exaggeration to piss Miria off even more. Miria made a gagging sound and threw a pillow at him.

Finley quickly scooped up the pillow and repositioned it perfectly on their living room couch. He carefully arranged all the little bead tassels that lined its edges so that it mirrored the same pillow on the opposite side of the couch. He stepped back and surveyed his handiwork, okay, it looked alright.

"Don't mess with anything!" He yelled at Miria. "Do you know how long I spent cleaning this morning?"

"Considering I was woken up by the sound of you banging the vacuum on my bedroom door at 6AM? Yeah, I know how long you were cleaning for. This guy better really be something to be worth all this trouble."

"Oh Brent is something. You know what? He's more than something, he's everything, he's-"

"Okay, I get it!" Miria walked away mumbling, "you're so gay" under her breath.

"I heard that!"

"You were meant to!"

Finley went from room to room of his house, checking every detail to make sure it looked perfect. He checked the family portrait of him, his mom and his two sisters was still straight and hadn't gone crooked from the last time he checked it about five minutes ago. He checked that every toilet that Brent might think of going into was spotless, the porcelain toilet bowl was sparkling and the toilet paper was folded to have that fancy pint that they did in hotels. Most importantly, he checked his bedroom.

In the space of the ten hours he had been awake in fuelled by his own stress and an unholy amount of coffee, he had vacuumed his bedroom seven times, dusted every surface he could eight times, rearranged all the furniture twice and had allowed himself to sit down on the bed once. After that he immediately got up and straightened his covers until it looked like no one had ever slept in the bed.

The way he was acting before Brent had even shown up to his house, someone might thing that Finley was nervous. Ha! The words Finley and nervous did not belong in the same sentence. He was a smooth dude, as previously said. Why would Finley be nervous about the biggest crush he'd ever had coming to his house where his crush could notice that Finley was not the cool headed guy he always portrayed himself to be and as soon as his crush realised this he would leave and never speak to Finley again? There was nothing to be nervous about. Which was good. Because he wasn't nervous. Not even a little. Nope. Nada. Not. At. All.