Chapter 3: white lilies

I won't lie, I've been struggling to find a passion for this book and I think I've realised why. I think I'm relying too heavily on the links between this book and Enemies with Benefits, that if you were to read this book as a stand alone it would be boring and lack drama. So... shall we add some drama?

"I've been thinking about it and... it sounds kind of silly, but I really like you, Brent. Like, like like you." Trisha giggled and played with a loose strand of her hair.

"Oh." It was all Brent could think to say. Just yesterday she had no interest in him, she wanted his help to win over Ezra. He specifically remembered, he hadn't made it up, had he? Such a quick turn of events, the love confession he'd always wanted from a girl and the only thing he could think to say was 'oh.'

"Oh? That's all you have to say?" She teased, occasionally looking up at him through dark lashes before bashfully looking back down.

Brent's brain felt like a computer shutting down, overheated from the overload of information and trying to deal with a thousand pop ups explaining what he needs to do. What did he say? He'd waited for this moment, but hadn't prepared for it because he thought it'd never come. Come on, Brent, be calm, be casual, play it cool. What would Ezra do?

"Thanks." Brent replied.

Thanks?! Who said thanks when someone says they like you? Had he suddenly become brain dead in the space of a few minutes to reply with something as stupid as that.

"You're welcome?" She looked a bit uncomfortable. Way to go Brent, he'd really blown it this time. First person to ever say they liked him and he managed to mess it up immediately. Maybe he was born to be alone. "So... you don't like me back then?"

Did he like her back? She was pretty. She liked him. Surely he must like her too. "I like you." He'd never been in love before so he probably just didn't know the feeling yet. If he gave himself a few days to properly get to know her in a non-friends way, he was sure he could come to like her in that way. Hey, he might even come to love her.

She smiled at him, big rosey lips. "Great! We should sit together at lunch."

He wasn't given much time to deliberate as she dragged him out of the empty classroom she had cornered him in and took him to the cafeteria. For such a short girl, she sure had a lot of strength on her. They got a few odd looks, mostly due to Brent trying not to trip over her as Trisha dragged him around. They must've looked like a mouse dragging an elephant on a leash. She plopped him down onto one of the circular cafeteria tables and sat in his lap.

"Oh, morning, Ezra. I didn't see you there." Trisha greeted.

Brent hadn't seen him either -he hadn't noticed anyone else at the table really- Ezra looked surprised at the display in front of him. "Morning." He said in return.

There were a few other at the table. Sophie, Megan and Netra were sitting in a little huddle with their cute cheerleading outfits on; Jordan, Mack, Benny and Ezra sat further apart but were talking to each other before Brent and Trisha had came and interrupted.

"What's up with you two?" Megan asked slowly.

Brent wasn't very sure what to answer, he had no idea what was going on either. However, Trisha seemed to have it all planned out. "We're dating."

"We are?" The words slipped out before Brent could stop them. Dating? Did things like this really happen this quickly. Granted, it was his first... relationship? Was it a relationship? But he was certain that going from friends to dating took a little longer than one love confession.

Trisha whipped her head around, her dark hair slapping against Brent's chest in the sudden movement. "Of course we are, silly." She told him quietly through tightly gritted teeth. "Don't you like me back?"