˗ˋ 11

CHAPTER ELEVEN

-: sixth year :-

── IN WHICH ANGER PREVAILS

. . .

"How could you be so irresponsible!" Erin's voice got to Draco before she did, and the Slytherin captain appeared at the end of his bed, arms crossed as she looked down at her cousin, who was currently having his arm bandaged.

"Come off it." Draco replied, narrow his eyes up at her then wincing when Madam Pomfrey wiped the wound with the healing solution, forcing another potion bottle into his hand and he gingery took sips of it, before looking up at the Tonks girl, head snapping to the side as Snape entered, stopping by a rather dazed looking Hagrid, who was making one of the hospital beds practically fold in on itself.

"Besides, it wasn't my fault, is was the stupid bird's." He scoffed, shaking his head and half tugging his arm away as pain shot through it.

"You are unbelievable!" Erin continued, not even noticing that the potion's master had entered. "Hippogriffs don't just attack. They're creatures full of pride. I bet ten galleons you didn't even bow your head when you approached it."

"Stupid bird - it's dangerous, we shouldn't've been introduced to it so early on." Draco grumpled, Erin finally noticing Snape standing nearby, but still didn't say anything.

"I'd like those ten galleons please." She said, a look of utter disgust and disappointment on her face. For a moment, Draco looked confused at this, but with her next outburst, he would realise just how upset she was.

"How am I supposed to win the Quidditch Cup like this?" Erin asked, tugging the piece of parchment out of her robe pockets and thrusting it in Draco's face. "Do any of these people look like seekers to do? Anthony Hart? Please he couldn't catch a snitch even if he had something to give him sight of it at all times. Elizabeth Davis is just as useless as her sister and I bet you she can't fly a broom. How am I supposed to do anything, huh?" 

"Miss Tonks." Snape's drawl had Erin freezing, slowly withdrawing her hand, staring down at the list of names, chewing her bottom lip. "Perhaps you wouldn't mind letting me speak to Mr Malfoy."

"Fine." Erin muttered, casting another glance of disgust down at him. "If you hadn't goaded the creature into hurting you then you wouldn't be laying there. Merlin, you've messed everything up." She hissed before moving to sit on the bed opposite to him, staring down at her list.

Her eyes flickered over to Snape and Malfoy every few seconds, waiting until she could have another go at him. She was so angry - and it wasn't about the fact her cousin had gotten hurt because of a hippogriff. It was because it had ruined her entire Quidditch plan.

Her fingernails tapped against the parchment, tugging a quill out of her bag and using it to point at each name with the end of it. "Cyril Meakin?" She exclaimed, louder than she intended, and both Snape, Madam Pomfrey and Draco looked over. "Please, he couldn't see the difference between a quaffle and a bludger."

Snape and Draco continued to talk, Erin getting small parts of their conversation - he was going to talk to his father about it. "Gemma Farley can't tell one end from the broomstick to the other." She said to herself with a sigh. "Merlin, this is going to be harder than I thought."

The conversation continued on, until eventually Snape swooped out, and Erin shot up from the bed, leaning over her cousin, holding out the list. "Read it." She said, and from the background noise it seemed that Madam Pomfrey was having quite the hard time keeping Draco's little fanclub out of the room.

"What?" Draco asked, sitting up slightly and trying to peer past her to see what was going on.

"Read. It."

The Malfoy boy finally did what he was told, reading out of the list. "What does it say?" Erin asked, Draco beginning to tell her that it was a list of people wanting to try out for seeker.

"Wrong." The Tonks girl folded the parchment quickly and stuffed it in her pocket, brandishing the quill at him. "It's a bunch of untalented, idiotic, utter numbskulls who think they have absolutely any chance of being on my team. Seeker was the position that I was just not going to have proper tryouts for, but look what you've gone and done!" 

"My deepest apologies, cousin." Draco replied drily. "But now I see that you are a truly a Slytherin these days. Perhaps it was when you became captain."

"I'll hurt your other arm in a minute. And then you will be stuck. You better come up with a solution to help me with this, or so help me you will be dead meat, Malfoy." Erin said, replacing the quill with her wand in an instance. "If I didn't have enough work to do already." She continued with a sigh, before glaring down at her cousin and turning on her heel. 

She pushed past Parkinson, Crabbe, Goyle and whatever other boys there were, heading to go and find her friends and somehow figure out what to do.

Because Draco had just made everything harder.