˗ˋ 25

CHAPTER TWENTY FIVE

-: sixth year :-

── IN WHICH ERIN FINISHES
THE SESSION

. . .

The threat of passing Oliver small pox seemed to only work for so long, and as the hours passed his focus dwindled, less interested in the concept of Zombies  - another first year creature that came much later on the curriculum than Ghosts had been.

Which Erin couldn't quite understand. How the hell could you prefer the actual dead to the living dead? They were both vastly different and similiar at the same time and quite frankly Oliver was a fool for not retaining this information earlier.

But at the same time as Oliver was gaining less and less focus, Erin was getting more and more frustrated. To be around the Quidditch captain for an hour was draining, and to do so for hours and hours on end was getting worse. She couldn't stand it - years ago he had abandoned her just because of her house, and now she had to tutor him.

She was doing something good for a guy who had essentially ruined her first months of Hogwarts. Her hand tightened around her quill. Erin was crazy, she must have been crazy. But out of all the professors, Lupin was the best they had had through the many teachers the school had been through during her time there.

Not to mention the poor guy had a hard time finding work, he was a Werewolf after all and-

Crap.

Erin forgot she had figured that out. It hadn't taken her long really, she had studied werewolves long enough in her third year to know the signs to look for - in fact she had found them so interesting she had gone into an entire project - and there was no way she wasn't going to tell anyone about the secret but...

"I'm going to get coffee." Oliver looked up, opening his mouth as Erin got to her feet. "I don't care about your preferences, you will drink what you get. I also will ask for some food. You also don't get a say on that. Nick, watch him."

Oliver's head shot towards the bookshelf as Nearly-Headless Nick floated through. It seemed their talk about ghosts had drawn them a couple of visitor, and when he looked down the aisle he could see the Friar flying about.

Erin had rushed down to the kitchen, and by the time she had returned, a tray of coffee cups, milk, sugar cubes and a plate of pumpkin cream eclairs, members of the older years in Hogwarts were beginning to filter back into the halls.

Thank Merlin, that meant that there were almost at the end of their first session.

And so far, they had managed to stick to the rules. But there was always the chance that he would keep getting even less focused and annoying her even more. Then she could kill him with her bare hands.

If she hadn't left Nick with him, there was always the possibility of him escaping. But no, she arrived into the library once more - which was beginning to start filling up again - and found him sitting and listening to the Gryffindor ghost and his quest to join the hunt. 

"Listen Nick, you're never going to join the hunt." Erin came to a stop in front of him, placing the tray down on the table. "You're nearly-headless for a reason. Scram." She waved her arm and watching as the ghost made a face and moved through the bookcase.

"You don't have to be so rude." Oliver rolled his eyes, reaching for one of the eclairs. Only to get his hand smacked away. "If I didn't have a choice in what you chose, at least I get one, right?"

Erin paused, staring down at the orange-tinted pastry. "I suppose. There are people arriving back now, we should start to think about this coming to an end." She placed a coffee cup down on the table, pouring milk into the mug and adding two sugar cubes. 

"After this do we need to do anymore?" Oliver asked, also retrieving his own coffee and adjusting it to his needs. "We can just come to an end now. I'll research Zombies and Inferi more for homework or whatever."

"Make it a list with the similarities and differences." Erin reached for a piece of parchment and swirling handwriting detailed out what she wanted to do. "Then write a paragraph about each with an introducion and a conclusion that state whether you agree with the statement 'Are Zombies and Inferi even remotely alike'. Got it?"

"Did you come up with that on the spot?" Oliver stared at her for a moment before regaining himself. "I'll take the parchment." He added.

"Good." Erin handed it over. "I'd arrange another session but the Quidditch is next week... I'll come by the common room tonight with a timetable, date, time, location and a file of notes that you're definitely going to need."

It seemed Oliver wasn't going to be able to remedy his issues with the subject in just a few hours time.