˗ˋ 02

CHAPTER TWO

-: sixth year :-

── IN WHICH THE SISTERS REUNITE

. . .

"Don't call me that mum, I'm just Tonks." The much older girl frowned, the ends of her hair turning an even brighter pink than the rest of her bubblegum-like hair. 

"Dora-" Ted began, and his eldest daughter looked towards him. "Fine, but just try and make sure that there aren't any arguments." The muggle-born wizard was certainly tired of the constant back and forth argument between their first born daughter and her name.

Ted had been given the task of naming the couples' second daughter, and whilst he understood why his wife followed the constellation-naming tradition of the family who listed her as a blood traitor, Ted much preferred to give his second daughter a 'normal' name.

Which had caused many arguements with a teenage Tonks, who had protested throroughly against her name untiul she realised that she was stuck with her name, and came up with a nickname she could actually live with.

And whilst Tonks still lived with her parents, before her Hogwart's graduation, it had caused Erin to take full advantage of her name, and it had caused many petty fights between the siblings.

But when Tonks moved out, Erin and her stopped fighting, knowing that any time they spent together now would be far and between. They were a lot closer, and Erin admittedly missed her older sister quite a lot.

"What are you doing here, Tonks." Andromeda repeated her question, emphasising on the name she used to address her oldest daughter.

"Erin wrote a few days ago asking if I could come, and I didn't have time to reply but here I am. Just given Moody the slip, he should be outside somewhere. I convinced him that we should practise in crowds, and what better place than King's Cross?" Tonks smiled, winking at her younger sister.

"I missed you." Erin smiled, reaching out and hugging her sister, who messed with her hair - both of them involuntarily turning the tone of their hair slightly yellow - the happiness seeping from their emotions to their physical features, which would sometimess happen if they didn't keep a hold of their emotions. 

"Missed you too, 'Rin." Tonks said fondly. "Now, this was nice, but Moody'll be after me in a while." She clapped her hands together and her family looked rushed.

"We've only seen you for a couple of minutes." Andromeda looked horrified, and Tonks only shrugged.

"Moody will come looking for me - he can see through the barrier you know, fake eye and all. Besides, I'll see you all at Christmas. Have fun this year, kid - and nice outfit." Tonks said, ruffling her sister's hair, saying her goodbyes to her parents before disappearing through the wall.

"Erin, why didn't you tell us?" Ted smiled as he and his wife turned back to their youngest daughter. 

"I wanted surprise you!" The girl smiled, looking happier than she had when Mrs Wilson gave her the scones, which were sat happily on the bag swinging from her shoulder. "We hadn't really seen her all summer and-"

The Tonks girl was promptly cut off by someone barreling into her, a trunk discarded a dangerous couple of centimeters too close to her feet and this someone latching onto the girl in a rather tight hug. 

It was Cleo, a gigantic smile on her face as the best friends greeted each other. It had been a while since they had seen each other for the last time - Cleo's mother wasn't fond of her children leaving the house too often (due to her many husbands' deaths and the consequences of that) - and so Erin hadn't been able to see her best friend for majority of the summer. 

"Cynthia's somewhere around." Cleo announced, as she pulled away. "I've seen Daniel but so far no Theo. Hi Mr and Mrs Tonks." She waved slightly at the two parents who were watching the two. 

"Cleo.. hi." Erin smiled, slightly winded from the sudden attack from her friend. "Is it ok if I go now?" She asked, looking over to Andromeda and Ted. 

"Of course, dear. Your dad will put your trunk on so don't worry about that. Remember what I said about money." Andromeda stepped forward, adjusting the collar of Erin's shirt. "Remember to eat and sleep properly, don't get too immersed into Quidditch. Study well, don't be mean to anyone and do well at Quidditch." 

It was a different version of the speech that Erin was given every year, and just like each time, Ted watched with a smile on his face. "Have fun, Erin. Don't forget to wave." Ted said, chuckling as the girl stepped forward and hugged him, Cleo hanging around a few paces away. 

"Bye dad!" Erin called after him as he pushed the trolley away. Then, it was her mum's turn. Now Andromeda Tonks wasn't a very emotional person - she had been taught not to be as she grew up - but it just so happened that on September 1st every year, she got slightly misty-eyed as she said goodbye to her daughter again. 

"Don't forget to-" She began, but was interrupted by Erin throwing her arms around her waist. "Have fun, dear." 

"Of course, mum. See you at Christmas?" Erin replied, and Andromeda nodded, wiping her eyes as the girl ran off with her best friend. 

Ready to start another year at the school of magic.

✧