˗ˋ 03

CHAPTER THREE

-: sixth year :-

── IN WHICH ITS THE FRIENDS TURN

. . .

Having left her mum on the platform, waiting for Ted's return so that they could wave their daughter off, Erin and Cleo made their way across the platform, weaving through crowds of students, all saying their goodbyes. 

"Look who it is." A voice announced behind the pair, who were nearing the entrance of the carriage they usually got on. Erin and Cleo practically whipped, and the Ravenclaw rubbed the back of her neck, it having clicked rather harshly. 

"Daniel Montgomery you utter twat." Cleo hissed, rubbing the back of her neck. "And don't you dare start on the whole 'so thats how you're going to greet me' bullshit." She said in a rather accurate impression of the Hufflepuff.

"You're starting to sound like me." The three look up to see Cynthia peering out of one of the windows. "Now hurry up and get on here, Theo's already had to ward off bloody Adrian Pucey twice - he's asked me out, again."

"Oh to be Cynthia Parkinson, getting asked out by the most attractive boy of the year... below." Daniel smirked, and if Cynthia wasn't inside the compartment, Erin was sure the Hufflepuff boy would've been pushed in front of the Hogwarts express.

 Cleo shoook her head at Erin, was hiding a smirk from Cynthia. "Come on you two, before Mount Parkinson over there errupts." She said, a glance up at the slightly pink-faced girl. 

The three of them climbed onto the train, and Erin lead the way into their usual compartment, passing one which had a what looked like to be a lump in the corner. Upon further inspection from Daniel, they found it wasn't just a lump, but a teacher.

"Professor R. J. Lupin." Cleo said. "Defense Against the Dark Arts, d'ya reckon?" 

"Must be." Theo said, as Erin, Cleo and Daniel joined him and Cynthia in the compartment - the Parkinson girl looking slightly more subdued than she was before, no longer looking as if she would quite practically erupt at any moment. 

"Unless they've finally given Snape the job and he's the next Potions professor. Merlin I hope Lupin isn't for Potions - I can't wait to see Snape look like he's sucked a lemon for the sixth time. The first three then Quirrel, then Lockhart - I'm still convinced Dumbledore hired him for a laugh - and now Lupin." Erin smiled, looking satisfied. 

"Erin that's your head of house - our head of house." Cynthia frowned.

"Yeah but I can't think of anyone who actually likes him, other than you of course, Miss Potions Prodigy." Cleo said, and the girl in question rolled her eyes. 

It was then when the train jolted to life, and a great cloud of steam errupted over the platform. The majority of the group rushed over to the windows - no matter how old they got they always waved goodbye - and opened them up, peering out of them.

"Is that Tonks?" Theo asked, as the train started to pull away. Frowning, Erin followed his gaze, meeting that of her sister's. The frown turned into a wide smile, and she waved at her sister until she winked and stepped backwards through the barrier. 

They approached the end of the platform and Erin found her parents, waving at them with a smile, until they disappeared out of view and the Tonks girl slipped down into her seat.

"So what is Tonks doing these days?" Theo asked, a certain smile on his face. Whilst the girl was Erin's sister, Theo had been taken under her wing on more than one occasion - he had a tendency to run away from home and Tonks always let him stay in her apartment when he needed to (her parents weren't necessarily the easiest to convince that he needed to stay for a while). 

"Still training to be an auror - she's here with Mad-Eye Moody now. Apparently the only way she could get to come was if she convinced the man to practise somewhere with crowds. Naturally, I think she's lying and just using this so that mum and dad will get off her back." Erin shrugged, and Theo nodded. 

"I'm assuming you got quidditch captain again?" Daniel asked, as they all settled into their compartment. Cleo - forever prepared, had a whole blanket and cushion set up, and Cynthia was leaning her head on the girl.

"What are they going to do? Kick her off the team - considering the popularity she has within our house as a quidditch player, I'm sure that Snape would have gone mad if he was to get rid of her as captain." Cynthia rolled her eyes. "God, you're so dumb sometimes Daniel."

"Woah-" Cleo quickly interrupted. "Calm down Cynthia, I don't have to tell you to take it to heart you don't take anything he says seriously. But she has a point, I'm pretty sure there be riots if you weren't captain - they're going to cling onto you, Erin, for as long as possible. Malfoy would have his father in before any of us could even begin to talk about it." 

"Alright, so seeing as we're establishing Erin's popularity as- speaking of Quidditch." Theo cut himself off, leaning towards the window into the aisle.

"What is it?" Erin asked, slipping off her seat and walking over to the door, pulling it open before Theo could stop her and leaning out of the door. Down the corridor, just about to head into the more open area of the carriages, was Oliver Wood.

The sound of the door clattering open alerted the boy, who looked down the corridor, seeing Erin watching. Their eyes met, and the smile on Oliver's face dropped. 

Erin hadn't forgotten how Oliver had ignored her - it just spurred her on more to completely flatten the Gryffindor team with every game they played. 

And silently, Erin raised a single finger up to her throat, slicing across it slowly, a glare on her face. Oliver's eyes widened, watching as the girl smirked and winked.

Before disappearing into the carriage and slamming the door behind her.