When Zayn and I got to the car, we opened the doors and immediately put our seatbelts on.

"Okay, Harry, we have a lot to explain," I said, and turned to face him.

Only he wasn't there.

And the back passenger door was open.

"Holy shit." I whispered. Zayn seemed to melt out of his transfixed gaze on his shoes.

"What?" He said, looking up at me, and then to where I was looking.

"Shit." He muttered.

We both got out of the car, and called his name out.

"Harry! Harry! Where are you?" Zayn called, as I scanned around the parking lot.

I looked over the cars, nothing. I looked by the front entrance, nothing.

Zayn kept calling his name, until he stopped.

"Zayn?" I asked, jogging up to him, who was almost ten feet from me.

He was staring at the wooden deck that used to lead into a lake.

My eyes followed his, and there was a person, rapidly approaching the end of the deck.

Harry.

"Shit!" I said, worriedly, and ran to the deck.

Zayn was still staring in shock.

"Harry! Harry! Stop, stop walking! What are you doing?" I screamed, approaching him as my vans clacked against the wooden surface.

He acted as if he didn't hear me, and kept walking towards the edge.

"Harry!" I screamed, hurting my throat and causing him to stop walking.

The toe of his shoe was hanging over the edge.

The edge of the dried up lake, which is now a fenced off cliff.

What the fuck was he thinking?

"Harry, what are you-" I stopped to breathe," what are you doing?" I asked.

He stayed silent, deciding what he was going to say.

"I heard them calling out to me." He answered, in a small voice. He sounded upset, like there was something he was looking for and couldn't find.

"Harry? Who? Who was calling out to you?" I asked, stepping closer to him, and placing a hand on his shoulder gently.

He almost flinched, I saw his body tense.

"My mum. Gemma. My friends." He said.

I blinked.

Who's Gemma? Where are his friends and his mum?

"Harry, what's going on?" I asked him, slowly making my way towards his waist, so I could pull him back.

"They want me to go back. They miss me. I miss my family, Lou."

Lou.

My heart did a double beat, as my hand finally met his waist.

"Go back where?" I asked softly, slowly pulling him into my chest, and removing him from the edge.

I heard him take a shaky breath out, and watched a tear track down his pretty red cheek.

"Candy land." He said.

And it was like a switch flipped.

He began sobbing, hot tears flowed down his face like water from a faucet.

I pulled him into my chest and held him to me.

Wretched moans of sadness and maybe a hint of fear escaped his lips.

I let his tears stain my shirt.

"Harry, it's okay, it's going to be okay. I'm here." I said, soothingly rubbing his back.

He shook his head, and grabbed fistfuls of my shirt.

I picked him up, bridal style with his legs flowing over my right arm.

He turned his head to continue to cry into my shirt.

I walked past Zayn.
"You're driving us home." I said, hoping he heard it as he was still staring at where Harry was.

The edge of a deck over looking a cliff.

He nodded slowly, and forced his eyes to look away.

I got in the passenger side of the car, and held Harry in my arms, still crying.

Zayn started the car, and we drove home.

How am I supposed to tell Harry what I learned from the hospital now?

He's a sobbing mess because he heard people from candy land calling out to him?

Who knows what he would do if I told him what I heard.
-

We arrived to the house, Harry was asleep now in my dead arms.

I carried him to the front door as Zayn opened it, and walked up the stairs to place him on my bed.

I covered him up , and got a warm wash cloth to wipe the salty tear stains off of his pretty porcelain face.

I moved his curls out of his eyes and kissed his forehead.

What the fuck is going on with me?

I then turned out the lights and shut my bedroom door.

-

"You have to tell him, Louis for Christ sake, he thinks he lived in a land full of candy!" Zayn said, exasperated.

I shook my head.

"How do you think I can tell him everything he thinks isn't true? After that? He sobbed in my arms Zayn." I said, getting aggravated.

It's like he doesn't care for Harry at all, and just wants him to hurt.

"You should open that file and bring him to his family, they could help him. He almost threw himself off a damn cliff." He said, the words the rocks at me, bruising my instantly.

"Do you even care at all? What the fuck is wrong with you? Bring him to his family? Do you know how overwhelming that would be for him?" I said, the words stung the roof of my mouth like a hot spice.

Zayn laughed.
"You think I don't care about him? I just helped you get the fucking file on him so you could do whatever the fuck it is you wanted to do. You heard those people back at the hospital- "

"Don't start. We don't know if that was about him."
I said.

It felt like a lie, though. Somewhere deep inside me I know, it's about him.

The words 'missing patient' definitely don't come up often.

"Are you fucking kidding me? Really Louis, really? You know it's about him-" Zayn started. Yeah, he was right.

I don't know what's going on with me but I just couldn't take it anymore.

"Get out." I said.

He blinked.

"Fine. Don't call me if you're just going to be a shit." He spat, and slammed the door as he walked out of my house.

What the fuck is wrong with me.