▹ 𝘤𝘩𝘢𝘱𝘵𝘦𝘳 𝘵𝘸𝘰

⌜                       ⌝

CHAPTER TWO 

⌞                       ⌟

          THE first thing Artemis noticed was the sun that was burning on her skin

          THE first thing Artemis noticed was the sun that was burning on her skin. She quickly took off her cloak and threw it back into the ship. She then proceeded to roll up her sleeves.

"Kriff, it's hot."

Din chuckled as he descended the ship after her. He stood before her, hiding her from the sun as she continued to roll up her sleeves.

"Here, let me help you,"

He gently rolled her sleeves up as Artemis looked at their surroundings. Her green eyes widened upon seeing a two-legged reptilian beast coming right at them.

"Watch out!" Artemis exclaimed, using the Force to push Din out of the way while bracing herself for impact.

"Artie!" Din exclaimed, as Artemis' right arm was taken by the beast and she was hurled away. The last thing Artemis saw before blacking out was the beast storming back at her.

⋆⋆⋆

"COME on, Artie," a familiar voice whispered. "Wake up."

Artemis opened her eyes, blinking a couple of times before darting over towards the man that sat next to her.

"Artie?" he questioned, tightening the grip on her hand. "How are you feeling?"

"Like I have just run over by some sort of reptilian beast," she breathed.

Din let out a chuckle before bowing forward and placing his forehead against hers. The cold beskar touched Artemis' skin and immediately, she felt better.

"Don't do that again, all right?" he asked quietly.

"Someone's got to save your ass," Artemis commented dryly. "It's my job."

"It'd prefer it if you didn't do that," he murmured. "I don't want you to get hurt."

"I've been getting hurt ever since I joined the war," Artemis told him. "I can handle it."

"The war against the Empire?" Din questioned, pulling back so he could look her in the eye — at least, that's what Artemis thought he was doing.

"No," she said, shaking her head. "The Clone Wars."

For a moment neither one of them spoke up. Then —

"The Clone Wars?" Din repeated. "But — how old are you?"

Artemis pushed herself up while eyeing him. "You cannot ask a woman her age," she told him amused.