𝚂𝚝𝚛𝚒𝚔𝚎 𝙵𝚒𝚛𝚜𝚝

1.02

Athena Reyes' day started as all her days do. At 5:40 A.M. She woke up, lied in bed for a few minutes, and responded to any messages from Eli or Demitri (both of whom had terrible sleep schedules). After she finally got out of bed, she went to the bathroom, did her business, and continued her text conversations with her boys. It was now 5:55. She started to get dressed.

At 6:10 She went to the kitchen to make herself and her father breakfast for the day, as well at lunch for him- it wasn't his fault he went straight from being fed by his mother to being fed by his wife. The same wife who was kind enough to teach her daughter all of her recipes before dropping off the face of the Earth, leaving her husband and daughter with only each other. Nonetheless, Athena was happy to help.

Once she finished eating and said good-bye to her dad, it was 6:40. She made her way to her orange VW bus. In The Bitchmobile, she traveled to her darling best friend, Julie's, house.

Julie Kim was the kind of girl people wrote songs about. She always had mint gum in her bag and paint on her jeans. Every emotion resided in her eyes and she walked with her head amongst the stars. Athena got there at 6:48. She was ahead of schedule. Julie came out of her home twirling along her pathway, as she always does, at 6:52; she was behind schedule.

The two girls sang along to Julie's playlist all the way to Demitri's house. Luckily, they caught every green light on the way, which put them back on schedule.

Demitri was very....    opinionated. He spoke his mind, and if he sharpened his wit any more someone might begin think he actually had a point. He speed walked out of his house at an almost alarming rate, as he always does, at 7:00 - on time.

Demitri complained about the music selection for the first five minutes of the drive to Eli's house. After he got it out of his system, he gave into the 1D and let Olivia take over.

Eli Moskowitz was their next stop. Eli was the most wonderful thing on Gods green Earth- at least in Athena's eyes. He was shy and sweet and beautiful, no matter what anyone else said. She believed all these things to be true platonically, of course. Eli walked out of his house with his head down, as he always does, at 7:09.

The friend group arrived at the school at 7:25, 5 minutes before the first bell. Perfectly on schedule. After they tumbled out of The Magic Pumpkin, Julie and Demitri went to chemistry, while Eli and Athena made their way to pre-cal.

"I'm sorry how could anyone believe that Chris Evans isn't hot?" Athena turned to Eli in disbelief.

"I'm not saying he's unattractive, I'm just saying I'm not attracted to him." Eli shrugged.

"Well-" Athena started, but was rudely   interrupted.

"HEY, WHATS UP LIP!?" I swear to God.

"What do you want Kyler?" The brunette turned to him with a tired look.

"Ooh look it's lips girlfriend!" Kyler's buddy, Landon, announced to the class.

"Wow that's so original did you come up with that yourself?" She tilted her head in sarcastic curiosity. The obnoxious boy didn't get a chance to respond, due to the teacher starting her lesson. Eli turned to his friend.

"Thank you." His voice was so quiet she almost didn't hear it.

She whispered back to him. "It was nothing, really." They both reached under the table. He squeezed her hand twice. She squeezed three times. They're hands remained in contact for the rest of the class.

Athena Reyes' day continued as all her days do, until lunchtime at 11:50. Well.. at 12:05 when she and Julie got back from their daily trip to the gas station right across the street. They would thank God that they weren't caught, but at this point in time they were actually thanking Julie's older cousin for knowing all the ways to sneak in and out.

At 12:05 Julie and Athena walked into the lunchroom, getting ready to bring out their contraband of gas station tacos and canned drinks. They stopped short, however, as they saw an additional person. Not to mention, this person was a boy. Not to mention, this boy was in Athena's seat.

The curly haired brunette's eyes widened slightly. She practically fucking marched up to the boy. She could now see that he was Latino. She tapped his shoulder and flashed a bright smile.

"Hi, there! I'm Athena! Some people call me Thena, TiTi, Tina! Umm.. I'm sure you aren't aware, but uh you're kind of in my seat."

"Oh! I'm so sorry!" He quickly got up from the seat and moved to the one next to hers.

"No no! It's ok! You didn't know!" If you didn't know Athena all that well, you would have thought that her reassurance was genuine. Unfortunately, her friends knew Athena very well and saw through her façade immediately.

Julie snorted and sing-songed under her breath "possessiiiivvvveee" Athena turned to the other girl to smack her. The more tan girl immediately whipped her head back to the new presence at her friend group's usual table.

"I never got your name?" She looked at him with curious eyes.

"Oh!" He seemed stunned by her almost immediate change in attitude. "Uh- I-I'm Miguel."

Before Athena could respond, Julie quickly spoke up. "Well welcome, Miguel, to our world of loserdom. I'm sure Demitri has already recited the benefits and downfalls of the life you are choosing." She looked up from distributing her friends' lunch.

"Umm yeah. Actually I was just saying how you really don't know what will happen unless you actually put yourself out there y'know?" He looked around the table, searching for someone to agree with him. The four teens all avoided eye contact. The girls could just tell he was thinking about the mean rich girls they had dubbed The Plastics(TM).

"And that confirms my point." Demitri smugly stated. "I'm already at peace with my depression, I the last thing I need is to be suicidal."

Apparently that woke something in Miguel as he suddenly stood up from his chair.

"What are you doing?" Athena turned from Demitri to Miguel.

"Striking first." The Latino boy muttered.

"Oh shit." Julie looked around the table to her friends who had the same expression. The well fuck this poor boy is about to make the biggest mistake of his life and there's nothing we can do about it expression. "Hope we don't get hit with the shrapnel."

Miguel slowly walked over to The Plastics(TM) table. He managed to get halfway there (to everyone's surprise) until being cut off by Kyler, Brucks, and Landon. He quickly turned back to the table he came from.

"So how'd it go?" Demitri mockingly inquired. Causing a flippant reaction from Miguel.

"Yeahh, sorry bud, but you kinda brought that upon yourself." Athena comfortingly patted his shoulder.

"Good luck next time though." Julie ripped open her bag of chips.

After lunch, everything was back to how is usually was. Athena had English with Julie, or rather Landon and Kyler irritating the shit out of them ft. The Crucible, and then study hall with all of her friends (which was honestly the best part of her day) including their new addition. They left at 3:00 and everyone was dropped off by 3:45, with the exception of Julie, whom Athena would be "doing homework"(see: goofing off) with until 6:30. This is how almost all of Athena Reyes' days go. However, this was the beginning of the end of predictable days for Athena Reyes.