𝚀𝚞𝚒𝚟𝚎𝚛

Quiv-er/kwiver/verb. Tremble or shake with a slight rapid motion.

noun. A slight trembling movement or sound, especially caused by fear.

Noun (obsolete). A group of cobras

꧁𒊹︎꧂꧁𒊹︎꧂꧁𒊹︎꧂꧁𒊹︎꧂

"BITCH DID YOU SEE HOW CLOSE HE WAS TO YOU?!?" Julie freaked the fuck out as soon as the girls entered The Kelso Van.

"WHORE I KNOW I WAS THERE!" Athena equally freaked out. "WHEN I TELL YOU I WAS SO CLOSE TO JUST TURNING MY HEAD AND PLANTING ONE ON HIM RIGHT THEN AND THERE!"

"DUMBASS, YOU SHOULD HAVE!"

"ABSOLUTELY NOT. NOT IN FRONT OF YOU AND DEMITRI, DURING ONE OF OUR GOD DAMN DEBATES!"

"THAT'S FAIR!"

The girls sat in silence. Until they reached the upcoming red light. -cue the typical teenage girl squeals.-

"OH MY GOD OH MY GOD OH MY GOD!" They both yelled, jumping up and down in their seats.

"THE WAY HE WAS LOOKING AT YOU HOLY SHIT!"

"HOW WAS HE LOOKING AT ME?!?"

"LIKE HE COULDN'T SURVIVE OUTSIDE OF YOUR FUCKING ATMOSPHERE!"

"HOLY SHIIIITTTTTTTTT!"

꧁𒊹︎꧂꧁𒊹︎꧂꧁𒊹︎꧂꧁𒊹︎꧂

"DID YOU SEE HOW CLOSE YOU WERE TO HER!" Demitri yelled at Eli as soon as he was sure it was safe that the girls wouldn't hear.

"NO SHIT! I WAS THERE!"

"WHAT EVEN WAS THAT?!"

"I DON'T KNOW I JUST HAD TO BE RIGHT THERE NEXT TO HER! IT WAS LIKE IF I WAS TOO FAR AWAY I WOULDN'T BE ABLE TO BREATHE!" Eli screamed, bewildered.

"YEAH IT FUCKING LOOKED LIKE IT!"

"SHIT DO YOU THINK SHE KNEW?!?"

"I DUNNO MAN SHE WASN'T LOOKING AT YOU ALL THAT MUCH BUT SHE WHEN SHE WAS SHE LOOKED LIKE SHE WAS READY TO POUNCE!"

"SHE WAS NOT!"

"WAS TOO!"

"NO WAY!"

"YES WAY!"

Silence

"Do you really think that she would want me... like that?"

"ARE YOU BLIND!?!?"

꧁𒊹︎꧂꧁𒊹︎꧂꧁𒊹︎꧂꧁𒊹︎꧂

At school the next day, the topic was not broached. It was as if nothing even happened. It was like Eli and Athena hadn't spent the entire night before thinking about the situation. Of course Demitri and Julie took every chance they could to nonverbally tease their friends about it. Miguel and Aisha weren't even confused. It was obvious the two had feelings for each other, and by the way Julie and Demitri were acting, they could tell something had happened.

"So you guys are really coming later today?" Miguel asked the four.

"I fuckin' guess." Demitri muttered in response, causing Athena to chuckle from her seat next to Eli.

"Yes, we are." Julie answered Miguel, but not before smacking Demitri gently upside the head.

"Good." Aisha jumped in. "We need some new recruits."

꧁𒊹︎꧂꧁𒊹︎꧂꧁𒊹︎꧂꧁𒊹︎꧂

"I don't think you guys need to worry about recruits 'Ish." Athena pointed out the obvious, looking around at all the children gathered inside the dojo. Almost all of them were watching videos of Miguel's fight.