𝙰𝚕𝚕 𝚅𝚊𝚕𝚕𝚎𝚢

"Bow." Sensei commanded as he and his students did so.
"Fighting positions!" They all quickly got into fighting positions. Sensei Lawrence walked about the class kicking Eli at his feet "Stabilize your base, Hawk. Keep your balance full rotation when you strike"

"Yes sensei!" Hawk corrected his movement. Sensei turned, content with his work with Hawk. The boy next to them flinched.

"Did you just flinch, virgin?" Sensei asked the boy who didn't respond. Sensei Lawrence went to the next boy; he also flinched. "Holy shit we got a room full of flinchers!"

"Yes sensei!" The class yelled out.

"That was not a question!" His outrage made Julie snicker, which made Athena chuckle.

"Shut it you two or else I'll separate you!" Sensei pointed at them.

"Yes sensei!" They responded immediately.

"Raise your hand if you've never been punched in the face!" Everyone raised their hands, with the exception of Miguel and Aisha. "Put your hands down." They all did so. "All your lives, you've been avoiding fights, so you don't break your nose or lose a tooth. This concussion nonsense." Umm what? "So there's only one solution, and that is before you leave this dojo, each and every one of you is going to take a punch, very hard, to the face. Miss Robinson, line them up! Unflinch this group."

"Yes sensei!" Aisha responded

"Oh no." Athena gently muttered.

꧁𒊹︎꧂꧁𒊹︎꧂꧁𒊹︎꧂꧁𒊹︎꧂

"C'mon 'Thena, don't be a pussy." Aisha coaxed the girl to get closer.

"I'm not a pussy I'm just scared!" Athena giggled nervously.

"Just do it, because your holding up the line." Julie grumbled from behind her best friend.

"Um, I'm sorry?? would you like to go first?" Athena stepped out of the way and held her arms out.

"'Theen, the sooner you do it the sooner it's over with." Julie reasoned.

"You're right." The smaller girl stepped a bit further, closer to Aisha. Julie held onto her shoulders from behind. Athena turned her head a bit.

"So you don't move away."

"Thanks."

꧁𒊹︎꧂꧁𒊹︎꧂꧁𒊹︎꧂꧁𒊹︎꧂

There was a lot of blood. Athena couldn't stop touching her nose to make sure it wasn't broken. Julie held her cold water bottle to her cheek. They both watched as Eli was about to be unflinched. As he was knocked to the ground, Athena had to turn away.

"He's ok!" Aisha yelled out to sensei.

"I'm ok!" Eli reassured everyone, mostly Athena. "It's just a tooth."

"Oh my God." Athena put her face in her hands.

꧁𒊹︎꧂꧁𒊹︎꧂꧁ᴥ︎꧂꧁𒊹︎꧂

Chemistry sucks. Universally, chemistry is the worst. Unless you are an actual chemist, you would probably agree chemistry sucks major donkey butt. Unless of you are Eli Moskowitz, you probably hate chemistry. If you are Athena Reyes, you definitely hate chemistry. Luckily for Athena Reyes, however, she has Eli Moskowitz, saver of grades, wonderful lab partner, it also helps that she's completely in love with him, but don't tell her; it's a secret.

"I fuckin' swear, Eli, I'm just gonna pour it in if you don't stop hovering." She threatened.

"Do it." He deadpanned. "Do it, and fail." The staring contest that ensued seemed like hours. Have his eyes always been this pretty?? Yes, dummy you think about them five times a day.