𝙲𝚘𝚞𝚗𝚝𝚎𝚛𝚋𝚊𝚕𝚊𝚗𝚌𝚎

"And like, he was lowkey a little bit sexist and definitely tone-deaf and I had to fight Miguel." Aisha summarized her visit to the Cobra Kai Karate Dojo, while the girls browsed the gas station for their lunch.

"Hmm...." Both Julie and Athena hesitated to say anything.

"Well, did you have fun?" Athena asked Aisha.

"I mean... I left feeling like I could punch the moon in the face." Aisha uttered out her strangely worded response.

"Sounds cool." Julie turned to Athena, who nodded in agreement.

"Yeah." Athena agreed "Hey! Maybe we'll get the boys to come try it with us then we can all gang up on the moon!" The three girls let out bursts of laughter. 

꧁𒊹︎꧂꧁𒊹︎꧂꧁𒊹︎꧂꧁𒊹︎꧂

When the three made their way into the cafeteria, they couldn't help but notice that Miguel was not at the table. Instead, he seemed to be talking to Kyler and Landon. Oh fuck.

Athena could not hear whatever was happening between her friend and her... not friends. But she definitely saw Miguel punch Kyler in the face.

It was freaking wicked. Miguel was like a god damn ninja. He blocked and punched and kicked and hella other epic stuff that Athena had no clue what to even call. He took down every meathead douchebag that attacked him at all sides. Kyler, Landon, and Brucks, not to mention the rest of their little crew, were all left on the floor. Somewhere in between Miguel beating their asses and Miguel getting pulled away by counselor Blatt, Aisha yelled out "No mercy!". Children were cheering and recording. Athena and Eli shared a look of wild disbelief and you could tell they were thinking the exact same thing. Holy fuck.

The five friends rushed to counselor Blatt's office, to wait for the outcome and Miguel's punishment. He exited the room and jumped slightly, surprised by the teenagers waiting for him.

"So?" Athena asked expectantly.

"My Yaya answered the phone." Miguel grinned. "I'll have detention for all next week, but she won't tell my mom. I've never heard her so proud." The entire group sighed in relief.

"Good." Athena smiled. She quickly raised her hand and flicked the boy in the head. "Now what did you think you were doing! You could have been suspended did you know that?! How would you have hid that from your mother?! Is Samantha LaRusso really worth that?!" The girl scolded him. He quickly realized that this was scarily similar to being in trouble with his mother.

"It's not just her! I did it for all of us! Now he won't bother us anymore!" Miguel defended himself.

"Whatever it was for, it was cool as hell." Julie supported the boy in front of her.

"I didn't say it wasn't badass, but it was reckless and you could have gotten in actual trouble. Your lucky if they don't press charges. You know they have the money for lawyers." Athena still persisted.

"No, they've got too much pride for that." Eli cut in. Athena sighed and looked in between her friends. She stopped at Miguel.

"God, you give me anxiety." She whacked him a final time on his bicep, and walked away with everyone following in tow.

꧁𒊹︎꧂꧁𒊹︎꧂꧁𒊹︎꧂꧁𒊹︎꧂

Literally all Demitri wanted was to watch Harry Potter with his friends, as one does, but all of a sudden it's "We should join Cobra Kai with Miguel." and not the usual "Oh my God Oliver Wood is so hot.". ALSO FOR SOME REASON ATHENA HAD HER HEAD ON ELI'S SHOULDER PLUS THE REST OF HER LEFT SIDE ON HIS RIGHT WHAT THE FUCK WAS HAPPENING??! Eli must have noticed his friends confusion because he looked back with the same disbelief on his face.

"No." He shut that shit down so fast.

"Why not?" Julie responded, turning to him.

"You scared, 'mitri?" Athena lifted her head slightly from Eli's shoulder, only to put it back.

"Umm.. yeah, definitely." Demitri nodded, not even ashamed.

"What's there to be afraid of? We'll be learning how to defend ourselves in a controlled environment." Julie reasoned.

"Plus, even if we do get hurt, it won't be as bad as what the assholes at school could do." Eli backed up the girls.

"Exactly." Both Athena and Julie said at the same time. The girls squinted at each other in mock threatening.

"But that means that there is a chance of being physically harmed during the process. And why would I pay for that?" Demitri challenged.

"So that you can be prepared for in case what happened to Miguel on Halloween happens to any of us." Julie answered the boy on the floor

"She's kinda right Demitri." Athena finally pushed herself off of Eli, to lean forward closer to Demitri. Eli's body followed her, almost like a magnet was pulling him, compelling him to stay within five inches of her. He wasn't even scared of what would happen if she turned her head, to find his face so close to hers. He just had to be in her space, and she didn't mind in the slightest.

"Kinda?" Julie turned to Athena, also taking note of Eli's closeness. She raised her eyebrows. Athena responded in a I know right?!?! facial expression.

"Ok extremely right. The point is, we can't rely on Miguel every time someone threatens us." Athena concluded. Eli nodded in agreement, while Julie hummed backing up her best friend.

"Come on, Dem." Julie finally resorted to pleading. "Just one lesson." She compromised with the boy across from her.

"Just one." Demitri held up his finger.

"Yuh huh." Julie confirmed.

A beat.

"Just one lesson, and the next six movie nights are my choice." He bargained.

Another beat. Athena and Eli glanced at each other, wordlessly acknowledging the tension between their friends.

"Next three movie nights."

"Six."

"Three!"

"Five!"

"THREE!"

"FIVE!"

"TWO!"

"THREE!"

"DEAL!"

"WAIT FUCK!"

Three out of the four (you can guess who) children were on the floor laughing. Athena had tears in her eyes. All while Demitri pouted.

"That wasn't fair!"

"Oh well a deals a deal, darling."

"But- I- You!" Demitri stuttered, struggling to find his words.

"Ohhh she got you bud." Athena panted out. Her head was back on Eli's shoulder. In fact, her entire body was tucked into his.

"Yeah sorry." Eli placed his head as gently as he could on hers.

꧁𒊹︎꧂꧁𒊹︎꧂꧁𒊹︎꧂꧁𒊹︎꧂

Authors note- JESUS FUCK THIS TOOK SO LONG TO DO I HONEST TO GOD WAS ABOUT TO JUST NOT UPDATE TODAY. btw you guys, if I ever take too long to update this, just pester me about it and I'll speed it up.  I promise it's not annoying, I just need to be reminded sometimes lmaooo. Anyways love y'all

-Livvy