Guilt

At the other bride at the Pit, Blaze had fought well, but yet he just wasn't powerful enough, these holy men had surrounded him, shooting him with mystical energy

At the other bride at the Pit, Blaze had fought well, but yet he just wasn't powerful enough, these holy men had surrounded him, shooting him with mystical energy. Blaze screamed in pain, as they blasted him with mystical energy.

"Now, you will guard the last Dragon Egg… the Dragon King will return…" These words echoed in his mind over and over again as he felt as though his whole world had collapsed around him. Meanwhile, Raiden floated down to Sub-Zero, while Reptile still lay unconscious.

"I know who you are Thunder God." Sub-Zero said. "My brother told me everything about the story of who he bravely entered the Netherrealm to reclaim Shinnok's amulet from the depths of Hell."

"Really?" Raiden said, chuckling slightly. "Did he tell you that it was his fault the entire ordeal happened?"

"Well… yeah, but he did want to undo his mistake didn't he?"

"Yes, albeit reluctantly." Raiden replied.

"Well…" Sub-Zero said, trying to change the subject. "I want to know… how did he die?"

Raiden sighed deeply. "I'm not going to lie to you, your brother was killed by Scorpion out of vengeance."

"Scorpion? You mean that yellow ninja that you were talking to?" Sub-Zero said, angrily.

"Yes, that's him." Raiden confirmed.

Sub-Zero's fists clenched at his side. "I hope he wins his next match, because when we fight I'm going to ready! Now that I know who killed my brother, I will gladly avenge him in combat!"

"I see… did your brother ever tell you the end of the story when he got back to Earth?"

"What about it?" Sub-Zero asked, curiously.

"I guess he didn't tell you. While in the Netherrealm, he discovered that his soul was tainted with evil, that was why he could enter the Netherrealm. No matter how little the evil is, it's more than enough to enter or perhaps be condemned to it. Your brother is probably just another damned soul roaming the pits of Hell as we speak."

"His soul was tainted with evil?" said Sub-Zero, shocked.

"Yes, no doubt from his years of mercilessly killing people. Scorpion was one of those victims. "Killed in cold blood" he claimed and of course because of it, he was condemned to the Netherrealm when he died."

"But what about me…? Is my soul tainted with evil?"

"Like I told your brother, the answer is yes. I told him that he would change his ways, he could perhaps save his spirit from damnation, but alas… it's a pity."