Rest

"You want me to save you? Is that it?" Liu asked.

"Well, not entirely, although I would like to live past this." Kitana said. "Right from the start, Mileena and I never got along."

"What do you mean exactly?"

"Well, she believes I'm a- how does she put it: Attention loving daddy's girl, a little bitch. You know, those kind of things."

"I see." Liu said, sadly. "Well, now what?"

"Now, the tournament. You should escape to Earth as quickly as you can, but if you do go now. Outworld win therefore be allowed to cross over immediately, he won't need the resurrection."

"Well, then what? How can we save Earth if we can't get back in time?"

"If you don't finish the tournament then Earth will be taken by Shao Kahn anyway. You have to stop him no matter the cost."

"Right." Liu said.

"Ever since I learned the truth, I've been waiting for someone, someone like you. I could never fully succeed in overthrowing Kahn by myself, but with you and your other Earthrealm warriors. I believe that we can defeat Shao Kahn. We must, not just for Earth's sake, but for my own realm as well. The time approaches, we must return to the arena."

------------------------------------------------------

"What? What is this nonsense?" Kahn roared angrily. "Only 1 of my warriors advanced to the next round? You weak, pathetic fools! All of you!" He walked over to Shang Tsung and grabbed him by the neck. "This is now twice you have failed me! Do not fail me again or there will be dire consequences for you to pay." With that, Kahn dropped Tsung to the floor, Tsung rubbed his throat, and he knew the only reason that Shao Kahn was letting him live was because he needed him for Sindel's resurrection.

"And you Kitana!" Kahn said, walking over to her.

"Father! Please you have to understand… I was outmatched!" Kitana tried to plea.

"Don't give me that."

"But he is the Champion of Mortal Kombat."

"Could you have been the Champion of Mortal Kombat if you wanted to be? I think you could've. You could've done much better Kitana." Kahn said, Mileena snickered to herself, however it was loud enough for Kahn to hear. "And what are you laughing about Mileena? Your defeat was even worse!"

"What? What do you mean?"

"There is not much shame in losing to the Mortal Kombat Champion, but you losing to a mere ninja!"

Mileena could feel her heart sink as her father walked towards her. "That is unacceptable. Do you understand?"

"Yes Father, I do." Mileena said, her eyes filled with fear and anger at the same time.

"Well, am I to be rewarded for my victory Master?" Baraka asked, hopeful.

Kahn turned his attention over to Baraka and immediately hit him across the face causing the Tarkata to fall to the ground. "You must be joking. You would've lost as well had you not used your soldiers to drive the mortal off."

Mileena bent down and checked on Baraka, who moaned in pain on the floor. Kahn turned away. "Well, I suppose I'll have to enter myself if Baraka does not win his next match."

"But Master, I don't understand." Tsung said. "Kang could…."

But before Tsung could finish, Kahn grabbed him by the throat and held him high in the air. "What? Are you implying that this Liu Kang is a match for me Shang Tsung?"