Wrath of Kahn

Shang Tsung gave the signal to begin the fight, Kahn gave Liu Kang the initiative to attack first. Knowing that he should take it in slow and get in and out, Liu Kang crept in forward, he tried to punch Kahn, but Kahn merely blocked his attack, now Liu Kang attempted to bring his foot around and strike Shao Kahn in the leg in hopes that it would leave him open to another attack. Kahn blocked both these attacks with ease and with a mighty kick, he sent Liu Kang flying over to the other side of the arena.

"Wow…" Cage said, stunned. "That's gotta hurt."

Liu Kang felt the wind being knocked out of him and he tried to catch his breath. Holding his stomach in pain, Liu Kang slowly got to his feet.

"Maybe I should try a projectile attack." Liu thought, he flung a fireball at the emperor, who merely put up a green shield to protect himself.

"Nice try." Khan complimented. "Hmm?" Kahn noticed that Liu Kang was attempted his Flying Kick, but with a grin, Kahn batted Liu Kang away.

Liu Kang screamed in pain as he hit the ground. "For your sake, I hope you can do better Kang."

Blinded by anger, Liu Kang ran towards Shao Kahn and attempted another attack, but once again Shao Kahn blocked his every attack and knocked him down with another kick, now Liu Kang was knocked onto his stomach, as Kahn walked forward, he grabbed the young warrior by his hair and pulled him up.

"The Chosen One…" Kahn mocked, before slamming Liu's head into the ground.

Liu was still conscious, but barely. He was trying to get up. "Well, Shang Tsung. Have the other Earth warriors killed… I will finish Kang off."

"Yes, master…" Tsung said, waving his hands around, he said an incantation that opened several portals at once, and out of those portals came an uncountable amount of Masked Guards and Tarkatan warriors. Several surrounding the pillars that Sonya and Kano were tied to. Cage, Kung Lao and Jax after an initial shock, quickly braced themselves for a fight.

"I propose we all just… run away." Cage said, chuckling nervously.

"And leave Liu Kang by himself?" Kung Lao said, veering his head to Cage angrily.

"No, I was just… joking…" Cage said, slowly.

"I almost hope you do get killed." Jax said, annoyed.

High above, Noob Saibot watched the events unfold… figuring that now would be the best time to return to the Netherrealm and report to Shinnok, he could be spotted if he stayed, he opened a portal to the Netherrealm and silently walked through.

------------------------------------------------------

Inside Sub-Zero and Smoke's quarters, they could hear the sounds of battle going on above.

"What's going on up there?" Smoke asked, sounding a bit surprised.

"Let's find out. It's time we made our move, Smoke." Sub-Zero, as he opened the door. "Come on."

With that the Lin Kuei Warriors stepped out, Sub-Zero thought to himself about his battle with Scorpion, he lost the battle, he conceded that Scorpion was the better fighter in that match, but Raiden's words continued to flood his mind. He still had not made up his mind if he would heed the Thunder God's warning or follow the same brother did and continue to work for the Lin Kuei out of loyalty. He would either make his own path or follow in his brother's footsteps.

------------------------------------------------------

High above and out of sight, Raiden teleported in with Kitana. "That feels really weird to teleport like that…" Kitana said, brushing herself off.