31. sweater

31. sweater

"You're joking," Harry says.

"No, I'm not."

"So you're canceling on me last minute... and you forgot to mention this for the past two days?"

I purse my lips. "Must've slipped my mind."

Harry raises his eyebrows. "You better make it up to me."

"I'll come back as soon as Narcissa lets me leave."

"Good," Harry says and pulls me close. He tilts his head down towards mine and takes my lips in his. "Is that what you're wearing?" he asks against my lips.

Smirking, I study my outfit. I'm wearing a long-sleeved red jumper and ripped jeans. "Yeah. Why, something wrong?"

"I dunno, I thought the Malfoy's would be posher, y'know?"

"Oh yeah. I should probably change, but I'd love to piss them off. They don't like Gryffindor colors."

Harry laughs. "Of course they don't."

"You're lucky I do, though."

"Oh really? I couldn't tell... how many of my jumpers do you have?"

"You can't blame me. They're so soft and comfy, and they smell like you."

"Molly makes them for me. I'm sure you'll get one for Christmas this year."

"Oooooh! If she asks, I'd like a blue one. And make it extra big."

"Ravenclaw colors?" he asks. I nod. "Why big?"

"Cause then we could trade," I reply, leaning my head down onto his shoulder. "Katie would love that, if we came into the office one day wearing each other's jumpers."

"Yeah, she'd die of happiness right there, wouldn't she?"

"Mhm," I mumble into Harry's shirt.

He pulls me closer and we stand there, in the living room, for a few minutes before we hear Andromeda and Teddy come in through the floo.

"Ah, thank you so much for tonight, Harry! Hi, Liz, good to see you again," she says, hugging us both and handing Harry the little bundle of blankets in her arms. I peer into the blankets to find Teddy sleeping peacefully, his hair bright orange.

"Oh, he's adorable," I coo.

"He's a handful. Harry, you should probably go put him in the crib for now," Andromeda says. "In the living room, please. He's just gone down, but you never know." Harry nods and carries Teddy into the living room. Her eyes shift towards me and she smirks.

"I knew it. You two are cute together."

I smile at her. "Thank you." I pause for a moment. "Before we go, can I ask a favor?"

"Of course, dear girl."

"If you could... not mention Harry and me to Narcissa and Draco... that would be much appreciated."

"You haven't told them?"

"No. I was actually in an agreement with Draco during the war... I don't want to strike a nerve."

Andromeda nods slowly. "Does Harry know about that?"

"Yes, he does. Harry also thinks I've been living at Smith Manor these past months."

"And you haven't?"

"No, I've been at Malfoy Manor since the War."

"Ah. Why?"

"The house... it's so lonely. I can't live somewhere so big by myself. And nowadays... I spend a lot of time here. It's so much homier, and it doesn't feel like a tomb.

"I get that. So... should I not tell him about it?"

"No, if possible."

"Great. Any more requests?" she asks, amused.

I smile. "It means a lot, thank you."

"Well, they'll all have to find out eventually, won't they?"

I sigh and nod. "I'll tell them. It's just much too soon, I'd rather wait until the right time."

Harry makes his way back to the hall and stands behind me, his hands circling my waist.

"You should probably change," he says into my ear, and Andromeda nods in agreement.

"I don't want to give them the satisfaction," I reply shortly.

"Then we should get going," Andromeda answers, eyeing the clock on the wall.

I nod and turn towards Harry, giving him a peck on the cheek before turning back towards the floo. Andromeda goes in first, and I look back at Harry before stepping in.