17. the morning after

A patch of light coming in from the window lands on my face, and I yawn. I can tell from the brightness of the light that it's now mid-morning, but I have a huge headache and don't recognize my surroundings...

A wave of panic jolts through me, and I sit up fast. I'm in a room, in a very big bed that isn't mine. And... someone else is in that bed?!

I crane my body to look at the person's face.

Holy shit.

I'm in bed with Harry Potter.

My breathing quickens and I almost fall down on Harry's body. I take a deep breath. Just because we're in bed together, doesn't mean I slept with him. I take a deep breath and check under the covers and find, thankfully, that we're both still clothed. I rack my brain for memories of last night, but it takes a couple of minutes before my groggy brain remembers. I sigh in relief. I didn't sleep with Harry Potter last night.

Not that I didn't want to sleep with him.

I sit in the bed, watching Harry, for a few minutes before slowly getting up and going to the bathroom. I wash my face, brush my hair (why Harry has a comb if he doesn't use it, I don't know), and go looking for the clothes I wore last night. I find them on the floor, which makes my heart pound.

I quietly tiptoe and make my way towards them, but a voice disrupts me.

"What are you doing?"

I look over and see Harry on the bed, sitting up and looking right at me. He has one of his hands on his head, probably because he's super hungover.

"I'm getting dressed," I reply.

"My head hurts. Could you grab me and hangover potion from the mirror cabinet in the bathroom?"

I summon the hangover potion and it flies straight onto Harry's lap. "Thanks," he says, and chugs. He grimaces as the potion flows down his throat, but relaxes when it starts working. "Are you not hungover?"

"I don't get hungover," I say, and Harry nods for a moment until his eyes widen. Yup, his brain just caught up with his actions.

"Holy shit, what are you-"

"Relax. You're wearing clothes, I woke up with clothes on, we're good."

Harry chokes but visibly relaxes. "What happened last night?"

"We got drunk, and I was too drunk to apparate or floo home." Harry looks reassured.

"On the other hand, I have no idea why I woke up in your bed," I finish.

Harry blushes and meets my eyes. "I'm just that irresistible, huh?"

I giggle and roll my eyes. "You need help getting up with that giant ego of yours, or are you good?"

"Very funny," he said and pulled himself out of bed. "Maybe next week, we'll take you to a comedy club."

"Another date? Already? Merlin, I haven't even left and you want to see me again?"

Harry's blush confirmed my suspicions. "Not a date a... get together."

"Hm. Yeah, sure."

He walks over to me and grabs my hands. "Without Ron and Hermione."

"So a date?"

Harry bites his lip. "Not unless you want it to be."

My mouth opens with shock, but I quickly regain my composure and smile. "I'd-" I cut off because I hear a voice yelling downstairs. "Who's that?"