45. what he wants to do

"Gryffindors are annoying," I complain once everyone has left. Harry and I are cleaning up the kitchen.

"You don't seem to have a problem with me. Or Ron," Harry points out.

I stop and put a hand on my hip. "That's different. I was forced to like the two of you."

Harry looks at me with mock sadness. "And here I thought you actually liked me."

"Stop it, you know I adore you."

He pauses for a moment, looking a bit unsure. "About that..."

My head whips toward his gaze. "What, you don't adore me?"

"No! No, of course I do!"

"Good," I smirk, turning back around. "Come help me with the dishes."

We do the dishes in silence, the only noise being the running water and Harry's gentle humming. Once we finish, he pulls me up the stairs.

"No, we still have things to clean up!" I cry.

"We can do it in the morning." Harry pulls me up until his bedroom door and beckons me to come inside. Once I'm finally inside the room, he closes the door.

"You're in a hurry, aren't you?" I ask.

"No. I just... want to talk."

I roll my eyes. "You're horny, aren't you?"

Harry blushes. "No, I actually wanted to talk."

"Alright then."

"Well, uh- first, happy new year."

"Happy new year."

"And- I didn't really know how to phrase it, or do it, but I wanted to tell you my new year's resolution. My real new years resolution." Harry fiddles with his fingernails, clearly nervous.

"That you'll do what you want to do?"

He nods.

"What is it you want to do, then?" I ask softly.

"I wanted to tell you that I love you."

I freeze, but my mouth slowly curls into a smile. "You know, you've already told me that."

Harry's eyes widen. "What?! I didn't!"

I grin. "Yeah. Twice, when you were drunk on Christmas."

"No!"

"Yeah."

"I can't keep anything to myself, can I?"

"Nope," I confirm.

"Mmm."

"Harry?" I ask.

"Yeah?"

"I love you too."

Harry's smile is so bright it could power the room. And when he walks up to kiss me, it feels so right. Meant to be.

Because I've finally got it. I've got the one. And I'll never let him go.