chapter 5- the fight

it was pretty late when i finally made my way to the keg and started serving myself some beer.

"well you sure know your way around here." a voice says from behind me.

I turn around and am relieved when i see its only John B.

"well hello to you to." i say to him and smile.

"Come on over here, i was just talking to the crew!" he says. slinging an arm over my shoulder again and guides me to where Kie is standing talking to pope.

"Hey guys!" i say happily as i walk up.

"Hey!" Kie says back.

"Enough with the dramatics, you're killing me here mystery girl!" pope says in exasperation, throwing his hands up in the air. "Just tell us your name already!" he continues.

I just burst out laughing, so does Kie from beside him.

"it's Dylan," i say. "Dylan marina, i just moved here from Florida." i say while smiling at him.

"well it's a pleasure to meet you, Dylan." John B says while smiling back at me and reaching the hand that was once around my shoulder out into a handshake.

I just laugh and shake his hand to. we talk for a little bit until John B walks off to find JJ.

I'm just casually talking to Kie when we hear a commotion. We get up to see what it is, and we see John B holding JJ back from going at some guy with a nice ass polo shirt on.

"Who are they?" i ask Kie, who's standing beside me watching the whole thing.

"That would be the kook prince and princess, topper and Sarah, their dating each other." she explains. while we were talking i learned all about figure 8 and the cut, along with the kooks and the pogues. I also was told that i was officially a pogue by John B, whatever that means.

"Dirty pogues!" i hear topper say, very faintly.

this sent John B off, shoving topper away. topper came back though and punched John B in the face, he continued to kick John B back into the water. At this point Kie and I have both stood up and started to shove our way to the center to help break up the fight.

"Don't make me drown you like your old man, all right?" i hear topper say. I don't understand what he's talking about, but it seemed to hit home with John B because after topper turns around to start cheering, John B is back on his feet, tackling topper to the ground.

JJ and Pope are cheering John B on and Kie is trying to make him stop, yelling something about being incognito. Topper and John B continue to throw punches at each other while the crowd is chanting "FIGHT, FIGHT, FIGHT, FIGHT, FIGHT" behind them.

At some point topper gains the upper hand throwing John B into the water and shoving his head down.

"He's drowning him." I hear pope say to Kie.

"I know!" Kie replies, obviously stressed by the situation.

After half a minute I can't take it anymore, I start running towards topper leaving Pope and Kie screaming behind me. At this point i'm almost to topper so i slow down so that i don't barrel into him.

I grab topper by the back of his polo and pull him up to face me. As soon as he sees my face, he's confused, probably because he's never seen me before. He goes to open his mouth, but I don't give him the chance.

I bring my fist up and slam it into his jaw with all my strength. this sends him to the floor, but i don't stop there. Jumping on top of him, i stratal him and continue leaving blows all over his face.

at some point he gets out from underneath me and sends a solid punch to my jaw. I quickly jump up again and pull him into a head lock. Leaning down to his ear i start to whisper.

"i don't like it when people try and drown my new friends." although i don't really know if they're my friends yet but in a way, he reminds me of Jason, his humor and personality really resemble Jason's.

at thing point he's struggling against my hold. he gets a good couple jabs against my ribs that make me loosen my grip on him.

as soon as he gets out of my hold, he turns around to try and get in a punch or two. something stops him though. i look up and my eyes connect with JJ's as he's holding a gun to toppers head.

my eyes widen slightly but i manage to keep my composure.

"You know what that is. your move broski." JJ says to topper.

"Put the gun down." Sarah screams at JJ.

"I'm sorry did you say something, princess?" JJ asks Sarah in a mocking voice.

"We're good, we're good. alright man." topper says to JJ.

"Kie! can you check your psycho friend, please?" Sarah yells at Kie.

"Oh, i'm sorry, was YOUR boyfriend not the one who just tried to drown John B and then punch me when i tried to stop him?" i tell back at Sarah, already at the end of my line after dealing with topper.

"Okay, everyone, listen up! Get the hell off our side of the island!" JJ screams and then sends two rows up into the sky.

Kie and Pope both run and shove him screaming at him saying it wasn't worth it, whatever that meant.

I was concerned about them though, i was trying to crawl over to John B who was unsteadily trying to sit up in the water. Ignoring the pain sprouting through my ribs from toppers punches i was almost to him when he passes out again and hit the water.

"GUY! GET OVER HERE!" i scream picking John B's head up and lifting it into my lap so that the water doesn't cover his face.

they all rush over to help hold John B up to drag him to his van.

Kie and Pope lift John B off of me while JJ grabs my arms and pulls me up, throwing one of my arms over his shoulder to use as a crutch.

"Shit!" i hiss in pain.

"Sorry." JJ grumbles." You didn't have to do that you know." he tells me.

"Yeah, i did." i tell him. "i couldn't sit by and do nothing while he was getting his ass handed to him." i say

JJ just nods his head, and we silently finish the walk back to John Bs van.

"So umm is anyone gonna tell me why's you're going incognito and why you have a gun." i ask the group of three once we get in the van.

they all exchanged looked and then glanced at John Bs passed out body.

"well umm you see...."

and that's the first time i heard about the Royal Merchant.