Chapter Six

"Fuck, Audrey, we are gunna be late!" Hamilton says, shaking me!

Without stalling, we hurriedly dressed, and sprinted out the thicket. Pretending to have never been there. Speed walking, Hamilton, picks small sticks out my matted teased hair. 

"What time is it? I am in so much trouble." My Internal discourse is taunting me.

"Slow down Audrey." Hamilton says, as he pulls my arm back towards him, twirling me back into his arms. "You're already late. what's a few more seconds.." he questioned as I kiss him between his words.

"You know my dads gunna kick your ass right?" I said laughing

"It'll be worth it" He said, gazing his eyes to my lips.

I could feel my cheeks getting flushed; as he slowly kissed me.

The dew on the ground was introducing the morning, and revealing a farewell to the night. The moon, dwindling down to nothing, as the morning sun takes over the array. The crickets are no longer making lullabies, birds radiate tunes awakening my senses.

Making our way down the dirt tracked driveway, I catch I glimpse of my dad, hoping he wouldn't notice us so we could spare a few seconds of humiliation.

Squinting, barley able to make out the figures walking towards him because of the dawn filled sky, he realizes it's us. He gets up from his rocker. Flipping it over, he wakes my mother from her light sleep on the couch.

Meeting us half way, my father pushes Hamilton in his chest "where the fuck were y'all?" Continuing to push Hamilton with every question "what the fuck? I told y'all 11:00. Where in the fuck were y'all!" My dad grits his teeth, "I ought to beat your ass!"

"Sir, I swear, I - Audrey wasn't in harms way. We accidentally dosed off" Hamilton tried to explain as he backed away from my father.

"So y'all were sleeping together?" My dad questioned just before he insensitively slapped me across the face.

"Stop!" My mothered yelled as she jumped off the risen front porch, with her arms extended to caress me, in attempt to protect me, trying to diffuse the situation

"Don't put your hands on her! Do not put your hands on her like that!" Hamilton says infuriated, as he pointed his finger.