Chapter Seven

The sound of thunder shakes the house, lightening crackles through the sky, and the smell of fresh summer rain awoke me from my deeply desired sleep.

Tangling myself in my sheets, my toes cold after hours of chilled exposure.

I finally talk myself into getting out of bed, and facing the horrific truth I endured just hours before.

Going through the motions, I close my windows then start my shower. Forgetting to feel for a moment, depressed, the pressure of the water tingles at my skin, reminding me that I am still alive.

Inhaling the steam, my lungs become infused with vapor, relieving my sinuses.

My feet burning, from the hot water soaking my once frosty chilled toes. 

"Today is a new day" I reminded myself.

After showering and dressing myself, I have finally mustered up enough courage to fight for the boy that I once had fighting for me.

I had to show him, that I wanted him, as bad as he wanted me.

I walked downstairs, with confidence, set and ready for war.

"And where do you think you're going young lady?" My father asked with authority.

With no answer, I walked passed him, right before slamming the door disobediently.

"Even if it means you risk loosing everything" my mother's words where playing in the back of my head repeatedly.

My mother stood over my fathers shoulders patting them with reassurance, as he hung his head low not saying a word.

Now to find our local bus stop. I've never done with before, quite frankly, I'm a little nervous. Maggie, normally gets Abraham to drop us off.

Spotting the bus stop, I began to walk towards it. Before getting to it, I notice theres was a pop up flower buggy.

  Figuring, it was unique to bring the man flowers, it would prove to him, that I was really fighting for us. That what we have isn't your ordinary relationship, and I wanted to make it right, I wanted to make it work.

I bought him some peonies, not because they are my favorite, but because they represent prosperity, and luck. Peonies are the flowers that represent us.

I hopped on the large vehicle, and sat down in the only spot available.

Sitting between two dirty, construction workers, I had to remind myself, that this is what fighting for was all about.

Their conversations, vulgar, and naughty.

Eating peanut butter and jelly sandwiches, with their unwashed hands. Under their finger nails where grease, and dirt. You could tell they were lower class, and poor.

Completely out of my comfort zone, the bus traveled 30 minutes, until reaching our destination.

"Welcome to Blue Ridge"
the sign just outside the bus stop read. My heart fluttering, and the knot in my stomach begins to form again.

The crowd begins to congest the door way,
"Do you know the Johnson's?" I asked, the lady in front of me. With no answer, I continue to ask the people around me.

The crowd gets more intense once the door slid open. Everyone rushing, bumping into me, almost knocking me over.

I start to get frustrated. I feel like I have failed this mission, and I've waisted my time.

"Excuse me ma'am, I am so sorry. I just bout knocked you over!" This older gentleman exclaimed.

"First time on the poor mans route?" The man laughed.