Part 12

The party was the least of your worries. As soon as you left the offices, Jensen was pulling you to the side. "I have a short filming schedule today. Why don't we get your stuff packed up and bring it on over to my place? We can have dinner brought in. Maybe talk about what needs to happen first."

"I'm not sure I can leave early," you argued. You didn't want to sound argumentative, but you weren't the star. You were just a personal assistant that could be replaced in an instant. Leaving early wasn't always an option for you, no matter if you wanted to or not.

"Leave that to me," he winked one of those gorgeous green eyes your way. Which made you notice the blood covering his eyebrow and temple. And while that would have worried anyone else, you had to remind yourself it was just makeup. He was taking a break from playing Dean Winchester, the hottest monster hunter you had ever seen.

Squeezing your shoulder as he passed, he headed straight for the offices you had just vacated while you forced yourself to keep moving. Past the trailers to the food tent. Pouring yourself a cup of coffee and grabbing a muffin, you sat down at one of the picnic tables, taking a deep breath. Sipping at your coffee, you knew you only had moments before you would be pulled back to work.

"You seem frazzled," Ruth sank down across from, a steaming cup of tea in her hand. "Need an ear?"

"You've already done so much," you started to say but she waved it off. "I just feel really in over my head right now. I'm barely staying afloat, and I fear things are just going to get worse."

"What is it now? I thought the weekend in Texas had gone smoothly."

Picking at the muffin, you were surprised at how close to tears you were. It wasn't that you were that upset. But things kept getting piled up on your shoulders and you felt as if you might crack. "It did. His family was nice, and he was very understanding. But now he wants me to move in with him. Today actually. And Jim is already planning a fancy engagement party up here. Warning me that I need to be on my best behavior. I don't want to do another party. Especially with all the office big shots. And he's inviting media. I'm not used to being in front of them. What if I disappoint Jensen?"

She squeezed my hand just as one of the producers came into the tent, motioning for me to move on. "Dearie, you won't disappoint him. Just be yourself, and let those buffoons in suits fall in love with you."

You smiled at her before making your way back to set, seeing the disapproving glares of the fellow assistants. They had already heard the news, and it seemed as if you were being judged by them as well.

"Y/N, we need you over there," the producer ordered. "You need to clean up all that glass."

There was fake glass everywhere. Sam and Dean were being pushed through a window, and of course, it had to be cleaned up after every shot.

"Unless she thinks she's too good for that now," one of the other assistants muttered loud enough for you to hear. "Throwing herself at the actors, spreading her legs just to get some media notice. I bet Jensen's just using her."

The words stung, but you didn't want to draw attention to yourself by retorting. Ignoring them, you began sweeping up the glass just as Jensen and Jared came back in. Jensen waved at you as did Jared, and you ducked your head, not wanting any other nasty comments coming your way.

Jensen came striding over. "Everything okay?"

"Yeah, just some jealous people making their thoughts known."

He frowned. "I wish you didn't have to go through that. If there's anything I could do...,"

You shook your head. Anything he would do now would only add fuel to the fire. "But I did talk to Jim, and we're both leaving at 2. I'll drive you to your apartment, and we can gather some stuff up today, pick up the rest another day. Sound good?"

"Yeah."

He headed back to his chair just as the director set up the shot and you stepped to the side, working hard to get the props set up in order that they would need them. Keeping to yourself, you listened as Jensen and Jared rolled through their lines with ease, laughing when there was a pause in filming.

"Hey Y/N," Janelle whispered as she brought over some extra blood in case they needed a touch-up. "Why didn't you let me know about you and Jensen? That's some juicy gossip I would have loved to hear about."

"We were keeping it a surprise," you whispered back. "The office is trying to control things."

"Watch your back," she warned. "Those girls are jealous."

Filming was wrapped only five minutes later, and Jensen came jogging over to you. "Ready to go?"

Nodding, you were surprised when he wrapped his arm around you, pulling you against him and pressing a quick kiss to your lips. "Y/N and I have a busy night planned. See everyone tomorrow!" He called over his shoulder.

You were sure the other girls were just seething, but you couldn't care. You loved the feeling of his lips against yours. It had been a nice surprise. He ducked into his trailer, changing into street clothes, joining you not even five minutes later. There was still a slight smudge of fake blood on his temple, and you reached up, brushing it away.

"We're taking Cliff's SUV. It should be large enough to haul most of your stuff. Then you get to pick dinner tonight, okay?"

"Sounds great," you answered, slightly nervous at spending so much time with Jensen. Alone. In your apartment, and then his. A man that you wished would just kiss you once again.