Chapter 4: The Death Steed

Alright! So I was thinking pretty hard about what to do next, but my small brain finally managed to come up with something.

I saw that a lot of you had actually commented on my questions. Honestly it really surprised me. So after seeing all the votes, I decided too... do absolutely nothing about it!

I know most people wanted Rayquaza, but Ash won't be getting it this chapter. But that doesn't mean Ash won't ever catch him (Major Foreshadowing, Wink* Wink*)

Also, instead of Rayquaza, I decided to give Ash another Pokemon in this arc. This one is actually quite special~, as it is one of my favorite Pokemon in terms of concepts.

But that's enough chit chat. Now cue Chapter 4!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

'So dark... and cold...'

Ash slowly opened his eyes as he regained his consciousness from fighting Giratina.

"Ugh... my head. What... happened...?"

Ash then recollecting memories of what happened prior to him waking up.

Ash then finally remembered, "That's right... I was fighting Giratina, but then..."

Ash instantly stood up as he looked at his surroundings. He was in some some kind of snowy area, probably why it is so cold. The land was white with thick sheets of snow, with some fog to make it hard to see, the skies were completely cloudy, without a single ray of sun to be seen, as well as the harsh winds and snow which added on to the fog.

"Pikachu!" Ash screamed with worry. Due to the environment, Ash couldn't see where Pikachu was. All he could do was hope that Pikachu heard him.

......

Nothing... no response was heard. The only sound that Ash heard was the harsh winds that surrounded him.

"Dang it... I need to find him now!"

But before Ash could move, another sound has reached is ears. It was not made by any natural causes. It was a "neiigh", very similar to that of a horse.

Ash instinctively turned around to see the source of the noise. Behind were what looked like two horses, staring directly at him. One had white skin, with various parts of him covered in thick ice, likely an ice type. 

The other had black skin, completely opposite of the first horse. In place of all the ice were strange, purple clouds, emphasizing its lightweight. 

But Ash couldn't care less about that.

"PIKACHU!" Ash screamed. 

There in front of the two horses was Pikachu, unconscious from its injuries.

Ash hastily walked towards Pikachu and picked him up.

Ash then checked to see if Pikachu was still breathing

......

Nothing...

Pikachu was not breathing... it was dead.

"N-No..." Ash was filled with grief over his friend's death.

The two horses simply continued to stare, before turning around and beginning to run away.

Ash's grief was now replaced with hate.

"I WON'T LET YOU GET AWAY!" He said as he reached for his Pokeballs.