Chapter 10: The Royal (Torture) Quest

So... I apparently missed so much during my absence.

Thank you for all the reads! Over 20K?! I never thought I'd see the day!

And for the people who pay attention to these intros (Which you probably don't considering I don't either), we are actually working on a brand new cover page for my Book!

Once again, I thank you for all the support you guys gave for my book.

See you guys until then.

Quick Note:

Quotes - "Hello"
Thoughts - 'Hello'

Disclaimer: I don't own Pokémon.

-----------------------------------------------

"!"

Ash widened his eyes.

It was faint, but he clearly heard something. To be more specific, he heard a noise behind the statue.

He quickly turned his body, only to find a strange looking... "Pokémon?"

Ash wasn't sure whether he muttered that or it was just his imagination.

Well... not like that mattered. Such thoughts weren't really necessary. 

No... what WAS necessary was that his vision caught something.

An eye... a crystal blue eye staring back behind the bushes.

The two were in a deadlock, almost as if reading each other's thoughts.

But it didn't last very long, as someone interrupted them.

"Pi-Pikapi!" Pikachu was hastily nudging Ash's head.

"W-wah!" Ash was out of his trance.

He quickly looked at Pikachu, before widening his eyes and looking back.

Those crystal blue eyes were nowhere to be seen. He was about to run into the bushes to find that Pokémon again.

Then almost immediately...

"Crow own!"

"!"

Another sound filled the air.

Ash turned to Pikachu. And if his perking ears were saying anything, he too heard the sound.

The duo made a determined face, nodding and running towards the sound.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Ash was gasping while running, Pikachu in front leading the way.

"Crow own!"

'...It's getting louder!'

Pikachu jumped towards one of the bushes.

"Pikachu!"

Ash was more surprised than concerned. But the latter took over when a yellow light illuminated behind the bushes. 

The boy could simply stay back and wait for the light to calm itself. 

"Hah... hah... phew."

This was also a good time to take a breather. He WAS running for quite some time now. 

Ash continued to stare at the repeatedly glowing - and electrifying - bushes and trees.

After around a minute or so, the electricity finally dissipated.

But before he could enter, a small, yellow face popped out of it.

"Pika pi!"

Pikachu yelled out in an excited tone.