[11] Vladimir.

Vendetta sighed at his desktop in the gallery, hands in hair, lying on the backrest of the boss chair. He was currently having a problem, along many others: His money were running low because he redecorated the gallery, bought new merchandise for the shop section of the gallery, bought drugs of course and food. He knew he had to rob another bank sooner or later, and he dreaded the moment when he would.

     It's been about a week since he last saw the hero. He just couldn't imagine the moment they would meet again. It would be awkward and ... God, how much did he want things to get back to the way they used to be! To just be able to face the hero and put up a fight without feeling guilty, to show up as Vendetta any time he wanted... He really wished he could just go back in time.

     He was well aware of the fact that the citizens didn't see the villain since ever. He could see the way everyone felt safer and always had smiles on their faces. The newspaper were all over that subject, and people started thinking he died. It angered him.

     He was brought out of his thoughts the moment a weird feeling made its way inside his guts. Frowning, he sat up in his chair and looked around. After standing up, he slowly went at the wall sized window of the gallery, looking outside. The winter was clearly making its way in the town. The sky was a dark gray and the trees' branches were gracefully caressed by the cold wind. But watching the sight, Vendetta just felt like something wasn't right. Seeing the few people walk around, surrounded by the ghostly melody of the wind, he couldn't help but feel like it was the silence before disaster.

     And sure enough, his thoughts proved to be true as a horrid scream of pain cut the sinister quietness. In the blink of an eye, everything changed drastically. The once calm atmosphere turned frantic, as people started running and screaming like their lives depended on it.

     Everyone in the gallery panicked at the sudden twist, and not even knowing what was going on they just started looking for places to hide, while Vendetta just stood there like a stone, trying to figure out what was going on.

     He ignored the people yelling at him to not go outside, and just opened the door and slowly walked on the street, a frown on his face as he saw everyone running. Looking towards the opposite direction they ran at he was shocked to find a body on the ground. A dead one at that. And standing next to it was what seemed to cause all of this. 

     Standing there, watching everything with an amused smirk, was a man. He was tall, pale and slender. His long black hair was like waves of darkness, surrounding his white face which stood in contrast with the heavy black eye makeup he had on. He was wearing a black and grey unbuttoned checkered shirt despite the cold season, and a red sleeveless shirt underneath. His jeans were black and tight, held by a belt to which what looked like a weapon support was attached. He was wearing army boots and his lower arms were covered by long leather arm cuffs. His eyes were black and even though he was smirking, it wasn't reaching them. The only emotion they showed was hatred.

     A pitch black cat was suspiciously comfortable on his shoulder, looking around with its bright green eyes, similar to Vendetta's. It was beautifully shaped, slim and graceful.

     Vendetta's heart skipped a beat at the sight. Putting two and two together, he easily realized the man was a super villain. He didn't know him, nor his purpose there, but he felt anger taking over his whole body. He was supposed to be in his place, doing evil stuff, but he was stupid enough to let relationships and emotions push him away from his path. Now he felt replaced, but he would make sure to change that.

     "Stop." the man said calmly, his husky voice managing to get above the screams. But no one seemed to listen, fact which instantly erased the smirk off his face. " I will fucking kill every person moving, so if you care for your pathetic useless lives you better stop. " he yelled, his furious voice making everyone in the area freeze and cover their heads in fear. Vendetta didn't even flinch, he just kept staring at him.