[5] Warm.

You might think the first thing you do when you wake up is to open your eyes. But he didn't do so.The first thing he did was to get his numb muscles to contract hard enough for him to support his body weight in his left hand, to bend over, then to throw up. 

     He felt water scratching his throat on its way out, leaving it in deep pain. Even worse, the second wave came out, and didn't do anything gentler. He lifted his right hand trying to scratch the sore throat trough his skin,but he only managed to scratch the surface, leaving deep red marks behind,close to bleeding.

     As he managed to throw whatever water was left inside him, he turned around and sat on his butt. Finally opening his eyes, he was able to think straight, and managed to process the fact that he was alife. 

     Looks like Satan doesn't want me anywhere near him... He thought to himself. 

     Then, as he once again thought about the situation, he felt his body stiffen in fear. He reached up a hand and touched his cheek. His mask wasn't on his face anymore. 

     Scared, he looked around the room frantically. Whoever brought him there must have seen his super-villain form. He couldn't believe it, since he knew the only ones knowing the code to his mask were him and his ---

     "Bro---" he tried to say as he saw Zero coming towards him, but his sore throat had other thoughts. As his brother reached in front of him, he stared at Vendetta with a stone face, causing the super-villain to nervously gulp, once again amplifying the soreness. 

     After 5 seconds of staring at his little brother, Zero's expression left the stone face and just showed all the pain and worry he felt. He knelt in front of Vendetta and took him in a tight, strong hug. The villain hugged back as strong as his muscles managed, forgetting for a moment the embarrassment he felt because of the fact that his brother probably saw that whole show back there. 

     After Zero's comfort left Vendetta, the younger villain felt something hard hit his face, his head turning violently, which caused him to loose his balance, and once again, he greeted the floor. 

     Well.. That was unexpected. 

     "You idiot ! What in the name of FUCK was that !" Zero screamed.

     "I think it would have been nicer of you to hit first, then hug " Vendetta spoke trough telepathy, seeing as his voice was pretty much useless. 

     "I'm not in the mood for your sarcasm, Vendetta !"

     Rarely did his brother loose his fancy composure, so Vendetta knew he was in troubles. 

     "My throat hurts, brother..." 

     Zero didn't even give him another glance before going to the kitchen. After a while, he returned with a jar of honey. He filled an entire spoon with it, then held it in front of his brother's mouth. 

     "Open."

     Vendetta obeyed, remembering the times they did that when they were younger. Zero inserted the spoon, and let the sweet taste invade the villain's mouth. Sliding down his throat it smoothed it, and the pain was way more bearable. Zero whipped away some honey that dropped down his brother's chin, the spoon having been too full. 

     "Now. Care to explain ? "

     Vendetta looked away, licking the sweet taste off his lips. 

     "Well... If I would die, then the town wouldn't need a hero anymore, therefore Blaze ending up useless. That was my plan, pretty much. " He said blushing. Now that he said it out loud, it sounded pretty embarrassing.