[7] Bridal style.

Vendetta was lying on his bed, trying to get some sleep, but he had too much on his mind to manage doing so.It wasn't like what happened between him and Blake was the first time he had an intimate moment with a human.He had his fair amount of hot action, actually. It was the fact that it was the first time he felt something more than just lust towards someone that was bothering him.

    After they continued walking, hand in hand, they got to the gallery, where Vendetta managed to convince Blake to not walk him all the way home. No matter what, he wasn't planning on showing his location to him. After Blake broke skin contact and walked away,Vendetta trembled all the way home,missing the warmness emanating from the human.Even at the moment, he was still feeling cold.

     Closing his eyes, he tried thinking of something else. Like his villain life. The last time he did something evil, he ended up in the hero's arms. He felt uneasy thinking about what would happen when they would meet again.Besides, he didn't even have a plan.

     After a few minutes of pondering, he opened his eyes and stared at the empty spot on the wall,surrounded by his drawings. He kept that spot empty for a reason,and was now determined to cover the spot.

<><><><><><><><><><><><><><><> 

      Aaaaand it's gone.

     The next day,as he was standing with the painting in his hands and the hero about 6 feet away from him,whatever ambition he had last night was gone. But he wanted that painting and he wanted it bad.So,swallowing his nerves, he listened to what the hero had to say, keeping a neutral expression on his face.

    "Long time no see..." Blaze said jokingly, knowing too well they met just the day before yesterday,when Zero decided to meet him. "Now.. Leaving personal matters beside,could you kindly return the art piece? Or should I take more.. drastic measures?"

     "You know me well enough to tell." Vendetta answered.

     The villain threw 4 steel cards at Blaze, then ran away gracefully. Blaze caught 3 of the cards with his hands,but one managed to cut his shoulder.Hissing, he ran after his enemy.

     Catching up,he grabbed Vendetta by the arm, spun him around and slammed him into the ground.Vendetta looked to his left and made sure the painting was okay before trying to reach for it. Instead,the hero pinned the villain's wrist against the ground, under his foot. But Vendetta wasn't taking it. He wanted the painting. He had his eyes on it since the first time he visited the art museum he stole it from.

     Lifting his free hand, he enchanted his cards and sent them towards the hero's figure. Blaze dodged most of them, but one got in his ribs. He backed off stumbling, while Vendetta hurried on all fours towards the art piece. When he was about to grab it,a hand grabbed his ankle instead. Being dragged away from the painting, he clawed the cement ground,creating the well know dramatic scene evil characters and heroes always find themselves in. 

     After being turned with his back against the ground,Blaze grabbed his neck.

     "Will you" - cough - "give up already?!" he struggled to say,while his ribs and shoulder bled.

     "Not anytime soon..." Vendetta replied, but the punch that came shortly afterwards begged to differ.The bottom half of his face having been covered by the mask,the punch was aimed towards his temple,in the exact same spot the thief hit him the day before. The wound from then healed but it still hurt,and the punch seemed to have been the last drop. Having been hit twice in the same vital spot,his body instantly shut down.