[8] Peck.

What Vendetta woke up to was the cold air of the night biting his exposed skin. He officially decided that his vest, no matter how good it added to the "badass villain" look, was not practical enough. Trying to pull his leather gloves to cover as much as possible of his arm, he sat up. Looking around,he was glad to notice Blaze didn't keep his word on sending him to jail. Instead, he found himself in an alley. A dark, empty, stinky one at that.

     Standing up, he barely managed to keep his balance as a wave of dizziness hit him. He started walking, more like stumbling, using the brick wall to support himself. Once out on the street, he was relieved to see he was near the gallery, meaning he wasn't going to walk around in circles trying to find the way home.

     After dragging his feet towards the familiar bus station down the street, he sat on the bench, not even caring people could easily recognize him. Looking around, he noticed a board telling the time. 03:17 am. Sighing, he stared forwards waiting for the bus, lost in his thoughts.

     After what felt like hours, the thick silence was ripped apart by the sound of the bus approaching. It was empty except for the driver, of course. As he entered, he rolled his eyes at the look the driver gave him. With trembling hands, the man closed the doors after the well known villain and started the vehicle, fearing for his life.

     The villain was planning on exiting a few stations before the one near his place, so the man wouldn't know where he lived. Hugging himself to keep warm, he rested his head on the window, gazing outside at the empty town.

<><><><><><><><><><><><><> 

(the next day, at the gallery)

     The woman kept talking, her voice long since faded out, as Vendetta pretended to show interest in what the customer had to say. He had better things to think about. Like how Blaze will probably snap his neck without hesitation the next time they'd meet.

     As the woman seemed to wait for Vendetta to say something, he blinked a couple of times and simply replied:

     "Sorry, I wasn't quite paying attention.... "

    The customer was about to complain about how rude he was being, before she took a better look at his ruined, sleep lacking, sad face and thought better of it. Taking the drawing she bought she left, the door held open for her by a gentleman.

     "Blake.." Vendetta sighed, glad that his only friend decided to pass by.

     "Well someone looks like they need a hug." he said once he got near Vendetta, then wasted no time in taking the fragile looking man in his arms. Vendetta didn't even struggle against it. It felt right, cozy and most important of all, he could feel the familiar warmth identical to the one he felt days ago, when Blaze hugged him out of the blue. He sighed deeply.

     "What's up with you? You seem to have needed this as much as I have. " Vendetta commented.

     "Well.... What I believed to be my... Buddy, of some sort... appears to hate me." Blake replied.

     "Oh... Well, what I believed to be my... buddy, of some sort... punched me square in the face. " 

     "Aw... Good thing we have each other!" Blake said, to which Vendetta laughed.

     When they heard a cough behind them, they turned to see a line of five people waiting to buy their stuff, glaring at them. 

     "Sorry, my bad!" Blake politely said and let go of Vendetta before leaning on the wall, waiting for his friend to sell his stuff.