-Chapter 3: Hogwarts-

———🖤———

Faithful to her word, Madam Pomfrey came back soon later, checking Tonks first to make sure she was ok, Remus, on the other hand, had a deep cut, a scratch from when he had fought Antonin Dolohov on his right arm which Madam Pomfrey had to bandage to make sure it wouldn't be infected.

"You both should be fine now, but still do be careful" Madam Pomfrey smiled before she hurried immediately to the student who lay adjacent to them to where they stood.

Somehow Minerva had convinced most of the students to go to the dorms to get rest and after many protests from the young witches and wizards, they had no option but to listen as Minerva was quite persistent.

"You two should go home as well," she informed the couple but as much as Remus and Tonks wanted to go back home to their son they wanted to help.

Madam Pomfrey, as much as a great healer she was, wasn't able to cope with numbers of injured alone.

"But there is still so much needing to be done" Tonks disagreed stubbornly "I'll help Madam Pomfrey and Remus could help to sort out the buildings with the others"

McGonagall glanced towards Remus for support though frowned when he agreed with his wife.

"I expect you two to go at once when everything is done" She sighed at their stubbornness "I've sent most back home, it would be the best thing for them."

———🖤———

Remus smiled at Tonks, as she approached him with a tired look. Clearly she was exhausted from helping Madam Pomfrey and he too was tired, helping nearly through the entire night.

"Time to go home?" He questioned as she sank beside him, her arms automatically wrapping around him.

"Maybe, Professor McGonagall might need some help too?" Tonks responded gazing up at her husband, his eyes narrowing tiredly.

Remus huffed "you look drained Dora"

"I'm fine Remus"  Dora objected unwrapping her hands from him as she looked at his worried expression.

"Your Mother must be worrying about you," he commented softly, putting his finger through hers, feeling the warmth of her hand he smiled softly.

"I know, but just let me ask if anything needs help to be done" Dora added, instinctively placing her head on his shoulder as she let out a deep breath.

"Dora" Remus inquired.

"Yes" Dora returned as she peered up at him noticing him giving her those puppy-eyes, "I'm not chasing my mind, Remus, just because you're giving me those eyes" She frowned letting out a soft chuckle

"It was worth a try" Remus chuckled as Dora looked away from him.

———🖤———

Why haven't the pair of you gone, "Minerva inquired as she glanced up from the desk watching as the couple stepped in.

"I wanted to ask if you need any help" Tonks smiled

"You look exhausted Nymphadora, and you too Remus, " Minerva sighed looking at the empty faces of the pair.

"She says she is not exhausted," Remus remarked as Tonks frowned giving a quick glare at him.

"Well you certainly look it" Minerva chuckled softly as she stood from the desk approaching the couple

"Remus you tell her"

"I've tried, she won't listen" Remus grinned as he looked down at his wife noticing she was glaring at him.

"Everything is fine now and if you want to help, go home and get some rest, your mother must be worried on where the pair of you are, "Minerva asserted placing her hand on Dora's shoulder, "Plus you can always help once we need to restore the main few buildings of Hogwarts"

Dora let out a small sigh "Thank you Professor" she smiled before giving a quick glare to Remus.

"Its no problem, now you better hurry and go before it starts to rain more heavily," Minerva replied motioning to the outside as raindrops pattered onto the ground as she straightened her hat.

"Thank you Minerva" Remus smiled appreciatively, unexpectedly as McGonagall pulled them into a hug.

"Go now" Minerva smiled signalling her hands as they pulled away from the hug" and say hello to Teddy for me"

Tonks smiled as she nodded before she closed the door to the head master's office.

"I wonder if Teddy will be awake or if he can change his hair colour!" Tonks exclaimed quietly into Lupin's ear her thoughts falling onto their new-born son.

Remus chuckled "if he is anything like you are, he is probably still awake despite it being late" he added grinning.

Changing her hair into a turquoise blue form the dull brown, Remus smiled, "I think the bubblegum pink is the best but I quite like this blue as well"

"I think I like it too, but this is much better" Dora smiled changing her hair back to her normal bubblegum pink.

As they wandered quietly into the Great Hall, Remus noticed Tonks eyes cast downwards.

"What's wrong" he rustled.

"It just feels horrible. Thinking so many people lost their lives, that could have been anyone," She murmured "and then Fred as well"

Remus gave a small sigh thinking about the depressing thoughts quickly pushing them away immediately, "perhaps let's go home" he gave a small reassuring embrace to Dora, a small smile formed on his face as she nodded, the feeling of exhaustion overwhelming the pair.