-Chapter 7: Happy Birthday-

———🖤———

The couple didn't wake until 11 that morning, Tonks being the first to wake. Trying to be quiet she had attempted to quietly make her way to the bathroom though all went in vain when she felt herself stumbling and face-palming into the rug.

Remus immediately shot up, his hand seizing his want from the desk beside the bed peeping around the room. Months living in fear of being attacked had certainly had consequences.

His worried expression fell seeing his wife on the floor with the unpacked suitcase as well the clothes inside spread across the floor. His face relaxed as Tonks stood up flustered picking the suitcase up only to drop more clothes onto the floor.

Peering to what she thought was a sleeping Remus and Teddy her face fell and formed to a frown as she saw the playful smile on Remus's face, her hair turning a deeper shade of pink.

"It's quite alright love" Remus grinned holding his laughs though unknowingly he cracked a small smile.

Embarrassed Tonks made her smile at swiftly to the bathroom. As Remus stood he slowly opened the curtains, he felt exhausted still and his scratches still ached.

He glanced to Teddy who was still peacefully sleeping in his crib and knelt beside him gently holding his small hands.

"I'll go make breakfast, you brush your teeth" Remus called as he stood from his kneeling position.

Picking his sleeping son he slowly made his way into the kitchen.Remus did his best to watch Teddy who now wide awake playing in the crib in the hall while he made breakfasts always glancing towards Teddy to make sure he was alright.

His heart melted every time he looked at Teddy playing in his crib waving his hands about, he managed to get lost in his thoughts entirely forgetting about the pancake of the stove.

Tonks scrunched her nose as she walked into the kitchen, a smell of burning greeting her.

"Remus" she scolded startling him, pulling him from his thoughts crossing her arms over her chest.

His eyes turned to the burnt pancake of the stove and the Tonks who stood with her brows furrowed before he realised what the burning smell was.

Tonks gave a quiet laugh watching Remus struggle to scrape the burnt pieces of the stove.

"What were you thinking about?" She smiled standing beside him peering up, wrapping her arms around him and placed onto his shoulder.

"Nothing important love" he smiled pecking her on her forehead as he handed over Teddy's bottle of milk.Tonks returned the smile making her way over to Teddy.

The kitchen and the living room were in the same room and there was only one bedroom in the flat. Although it was small it was more than enough for the three of them.As Tonks brought the bottle up to Teddy's mouth, he frowned at the bottle.Immediately after Teddy began to cry, setting the bottle aside she picked her son from the crib snuggling him.

"Shh" she cooed lightly rubbing his back, Remus glanced over to them.

"Shh" Tonks whispered gently as she felt the grip in her back loosen gradually after at least 5 minutes of crying, "he's fallen asleep again" she added turning to Remus who was watching intently.

A quiet chuckle left Remus' mouth as he picked the plates with their breakfast "give him to me"

The rest of the day went fairly quickly. Tonks had made sure Remus was okay though he still had quite a few scratch marks on his back from the night, some quite sore.