-Chapter 4: Finally Home-

———🖤———

Andromeda heard a harsh knock at the door, her embrace around her grandson stiffened as she stood up wearily, her hand stretching for her wand. She had been fast asleep then, Teddy had been crying all throughout the night since Remus and Tonks had left and she was exhausted.

"Who is it?" She questioned in a harsh tone as they tapped once more standing to her feet.

"It's me, mum, let us in, it is pouring outside" She heard the voice say as her face lit up.

Unlocking the door she was met with the weary faces of her daughter and son-in-law drenched by the pouring rain.

Then her eyes narrowed "how do I know you're the real Dora?' she questioned elevating her wand.

"I was never made prefect when I went to Hogwarts because Professor Sprouts thought I lacked the ability to behave which I completely disagree with" Tonks huffed observing a smile light on her mother's face as she lowered her wand.

She chuckled as she watched her daughter change her face into something amusing and watched as Remus laughed too.

"Come inside quickly" She gestured as the pair stepped inside, the water dripping down their cloaks "you don't know how worried I was when you didn't come back. You could have sent something at least" she scolded quietly making sure to not wake the sleeping baby in her arms.

Though her scolding went surpassed as the couple eyes were locked on the baby boy in her arms.

"Here," she grinned kindly letting her daughter hold her son, immediately forgetting about her worries when they had not came back for quite a while.

Tonks studied her child, his hair was an aqua blue, a smile plastered across her face. Remus took his cloak off too simply gazing at his... his son.

He showed no sign of having Lycanthropy like him which gave a surge of relief to him but he was unquestionably a Metamorphmagus like Dora.

The smile on her face made him fill warm inside as he too looked at his son.

Andromeda in the meantime had been getting some blankets to warm the couple up as well as a first-aid kit as she saw the wounds on the pair of them. Tonks transformed her hair colour to resemble the same as her son causing Remus to beam.

"He's sleeping so peacefully" Tonks grinned leaning her head against Remus as he let out a sigh of exhaustion, "do you want to hold him?" she queried peering up at him.

A slightly uncomfortable expression fell on Remus's face as he shifted to Tonks as he shook his head anxiously.

"Remus, you're not going to hurt him by holding him" Tonks smiled as Remus gave a concerned frown, gradually extended his arms.

She almost immediately noticed his arms trembling a bit as she let out a quiet snicker.

"Remus, it's fine. Holding him won't do any harm" she breathed as he took his son into his arms.

Almost immediately Teddy woke up as Remus held him, his face contorting before he began to cry.

Remus grimaced as he heard the babies cry quickly giving him back to Tonks who tenderly embraced him hugging him, his face fell.

"See" Remus murmured which made Tonks frown as she lightly stepped on his foot.

"He just woke up Remus, that was just a coincident, of course, he'll cry if he is woken up" Tonks cooed as she heard the soft snores of Teddy.

She heard Remus let out a deep sigh but before she could say anything Andromeda entered the room swiftly holding a blanket, a kit and some hot water.

"Here, you two look freezing," she told noticing Teddy had gone to sleep "he's been crying all the time since you both left, he utterly exhausted now" she smiled handing the blanket to Remus.

Although at first, she wasn't happy with her daughter marrying a man who first was much older and as well as that was a werewolf but she admired how much Remus loved Tonks despite at times him believing he didn't deserve Tonks.

She had especially been mad when Remus had just left when Tonks announced she was pregnant and if it weren't for Ted she wouldn't have forgiven him.

She took Teddy from Tonks's hands, though noticed both Tonks' and Remus' face fall "You can have him in the morning, you two look exhausted so as soon as you finish off to bed"

The pair watched as Andromeda took Teddy into another room and put him to sleep. Just as Remus was about to say something he heard the light snores coming from Tonks.

He laughed quietly as he watched her cuddle into his chest. His hands wrapping around her as he nuzzled his face into her now bubblegum pink hair though it was quite wet from the rain.

"You two can sleep in a different room, Teddy might wake up and disturb your sleep" Andromeda began as she shut the door behind her not noticing her daughter was asleep.

Her face grew a grin as she saw Tonks quite fast asleep "sleep in the room upstairs today, get a good nights sleep or well just a nap throughout the day" she smiled seeing as the sun glared through the curtains.

Remus nodded letting out a quiet yawn as he gently picked Tonks as she began muttering something stirring from her sleep.

"We're going to sleep Dora, come on" he beamed as the pair began to walk up the stairs to the room.

———🖤———