-Chapter 6: Full Moon-

———🖤———

Dora sighed watching as Remus left the flat. It was a full moon today and he wanted to make sure he was distant enough so he was sure they wouldn't get hurt.

There was some woods nearby ideal for him to go there though the thought of Remus getting injured bothered her.

Remus on the other hand was terrified, he viewed it as the sun began to gradually set but it was only 5 o clock giving more than an abundance of time getting to the woods before the full moon was up.

Though this time he was troubled, what if something happened during when he transformed, his thoughts falling to Teddy, bitterness filling him. Tonks hadn't been particularly pleased with the tone he had spoken to her before he had left and he regretted shouting at her and made a mental note to apologise as soon as he got back.

He was glad of one thing, that his Lycanthropy hadn't passed down to Teddy otherwise he wouldn't have been able to forgive himself. As he trudged through the crowded streets he noticed the rather disgusted looks he got from strangers- most likely because of his scruffy attire and mostly because of the two scars on his face.

He didn't know why Tonks was in love with him but was equally glad she was. He loved her with all his heart, she the first person to love him despite knowing of his condition and she paid no regard to the age difference between the two.

He had been receiving letters from Harry, him asking how Teddy and Tonks were doing. Harry of course had been made God Father of Teddy and he was more than thrilled. Professor McGonagall was also keeping in touch always asking how Teddy, he and Tonks were which always brightened his day up.

As he slipped behind the fence he made sure no muggles saw him, the last thing he wanted was for a muggle to follow him and ultimately get injured.

———🖤———

Tonks let out a long sigh, Remus harsh words repeated through her head. She knew he never meant it, he just sometimes lost his temper and always repeated the same few things. She gave a small smile as Teddy caught her attention.

At least she had someone to be with. She nestled her face into his aqua hair as he gurgled opening his eyes from his sleep. She quickly did her hair, the same bubblegum pink though she debated whether she would go for an aqua colour like her son.

"Are you hungry" she smiled placing her finger on his hand.

Teddy cooed scrunching his face up "ok I'll be back"

As she stood to go to the kitchen a screech caught her attention as an owl flew through the wide kitchen window.

"Hello there, what have we got here" Dora beamed as the owl dropped the letter on the counter before soaring off once more.

As she opened it, she knew it was from Hermione and Ginny. The two were keeping in touch. Tonks was like a big sister to the two of them, which pleased her. As she opened the scroll a cookie fell from the scroll, causing her to smile.

As she read through the scroll she learnt that Hermione had gone to the Burrow for a day. Trying to lighten the mood and cheer up Ginny they had been making cookies.Taking a bite from the cookie Tonks smiled as a chocolate flavour hit her instantly, she was saving them for Remus once he came back.

Taking Teddy's food she headed back to the room and began to feed him.

———🖤———

Remus limped gradually into the flat, pushing the door with his remaining strength. Tonight had been one of the worst, his head hurt and his body throbbed. He heard the sounds of rapid footsteps as the bedroom door creaked open before being silently pushed shut."

"Remus" Tonks breathed in relief as she saw him standing there, her face faltering as she saw the distressed look upon his face.

"Why are you awake Dora" Remus murmured as Tonks wrapped her arms around him, he flinched slightly as her arms met some new scars.

Dora gave him a quick peck on his cheek sitting Remus down before she rushed to get her wand.

"Don't move Remus" she huffed seeing Remus struggling to stand.

"I'm fine Dora," Remus told before giving a soft whimper as she touched his back.

"You can tell me you're fine after I finish" she muttered casting a familiar spell that Madam Pomfrey had used to ease her pain.

"Feel better?" She smiled, sitting beside him on the sofa as Remus nodded slightly "good"

"You look exhausted Remus" Tonks sighed examining his leg to see the cause of his limping.

"Dora this isn't the first time, I've transformed into a werewolf more than a hundred times" Remus huffed watching intently as Dora examined him from head to toe.

"Yes, b-b-but your hurt Remus and I don't like seeing you in pain. And you're never in this much pain normally" Tonks returned firmly sitting up straight, as he leaned his head onto her shoulder.

"I'm sorry Dora... for shouting at you earlier" Remus murmured peering up at Tonks for any signs of annoyance or anger at him.

Tonks just simply gave a reassuring smile at the uneasy look Remus had been giving her before lightly chuckling

"I love you Remus" she added on muttering. "Ditto" Remus grinned back as Tonks stared in bewilderment.

"What's that meant to mean" she huffed eyeing him as the small grin spread across his face.

"It means the 'same as well' " Remus smiled wrapping his arms around her waist, "a first-year Ravenclaw told me that when I taught at Hogwarts"

Tonks grinned glancing towards the sun rays as they began to shine through the curtain, "let's go to sleep or Teddy wouldn't be very impressed with us both being half-asleep throughout the day" Tonks chuckled standing to her feet as Remus with her help too stood.

Letting Lupin sit on the edge of the bed she sat beside him.

"now sleep on your side" she whispered noticing as Teddy began to stir from his sleep because of her harsh tone.

She gave a small smile as Remus began to sleep beside her. Her eyes strayed over to Teddy to make sure he was asleep, the smile creeping up her face.

"Goodnight Remus" she whispered snuggling her head into his chest inhaling the mixture of cologne and chocolate.

She never thought the two would be a good combination but it unquestionably smelt good on Remus.

"Goodnight love" she heard him say hoarsely, him gently kissing her on her forehead before he drifted back to sleep.

———🖤———