Chapter 6: Dance with me

The first semester at UA was well on its way. Class 2A was chilling in their common room, everyone was dispersed into groups, either studying, chatting or watching the TV. They were all surprised no major events had happened to them, which was a stark contrast to their first year.

Todoroki was sitting on the couch with Midoriya and Iida staring at his phone. Iida was instructing Midoriya on how to solve a few homework questions when they both noticed Todoroki wasn't paying attention.

"What's up Todoroki?" Midoriya questioned trying to get his attention.

"Hmm, what?" Todoroki responded looking up at them.

"You kind of zoned out there friend. Is everything alright?" Iida anxiously asked.

"Yeah, I was just asking Edori if she knew how to solve this question," He said pointedly.

Midoriya and Iida both smiled at each other before turning back to Todoroki. "Did she answer?" Midoriya asked excitedly.

"Yes, she said she'll be over to help soon," he calmly told them.

"I don't know why you went out of your way to ask Edori for help. You could have just asked Momo" Uraraka added overhearing the conversation as she and Tsuyu walked over to the couches.

"I'm pretty sure even Yaoyorozu was having problems with this question earlier" Midoriya retorted.

The girls sat down and looked at the question they were working on. It was an advanced math question that Ectoplasm had assigned. They continued to work on other questions before Edori arrived.

It wasn't long before Edori arrived at the 2A dorm. She walked into the common room after just finishing her homework. She was dressed more casually than usual. She was wearing a pair of black sweatpants and a white crop top. She had a flowy grey cardigan on and had her long wavy hair was up in a messy bun with two pieces left on either side of her face.

She took a moment to scan the room before walking over to the couches. She walked over and leaned against the side of the couch right beside where Todoroki was sitting. It wasn't long before they all noticed and welcomed her.

Todoroki looked up at her confused. After a few moments, she turned and looked down at him a little confused why he was staring. He reached up and brushed one of the pieces of her hair that weren't in the bun. "Your hair is different," he pointed out.

"Oh, yeah," she said, tucking a piece behind her ear. "It was getting in the way when I was studying so I put it up"

"It looks nice," He said softly smiling at her.

She blushed softly turning away from him and facing the rest of the group.

"Do you not put up your hair often?' Uraraka asked curiously.

"Doesn't it get in the way when you're fighting, rippit?" Tsuyu added.

Edori shook her head in response. "Not really, but I find any time I try to put it up when training, it ends up falling out anyways. I've gotten used to it."

"Hisora, I heard you could help us with a math problem we have," Iida said motioning her to sit down.

"I told you before, call me Edori," she said, taking the seat beside them before picking up the paper with the math problem on it.

"Right," he nodded eagerly awaiting her solution to the problem.

"Ah, so you guys are already studying limits. While the concept of limits might seem difficult it's really quite simple" She said as she started writing out the solution step by step. "You see you have to find the limit if x equals negative six. Since your equation has two halves you go with this one," she said pointing at the paper. "Since negative six is less than one. Then you simply plug negative six into x and you got your limit."