Chapter 21: And so the work studies begin!

Edori had just returned to Endeavor's agency after an intense patrol. All the sidekicks were already busy filing their paperwork as Edori plopped down at her desk. her long, wavy blonde hair draped across the back of her chair as she stretched her arms to the sky. Everything was sore after a patrol mission, her forearms tingling as they recovered from the overuse of her quirk. She sat up and focused on the work ahead of her.

She was hoping to quickly finish her paperwork and head back to campus after the long day. All hope for an early night promptly vanished when she flip over the papers on her desk and read the first sentence. Work-study program green light. That was all she needed to read to know that the second years would be returning to their work-study agencies. That Izuku Midoriya, Katsuki Bakugou and Shoto Todoroki would be working under her in a matter of days. When first thoughts of the second years coming back to their work studies arose, Endeavor made it clear to her that he would be mentoring all of them but delegating leadership of them to her. To test her ability to lead other heroes.

Now Edori had been training with all three of them for a while so that wasn't what sent utter terror down her spine. Her ability to lead and manage those three was not the problem. The problem was she was dating Shoto, her boss's son who she would now be in charge of. The situation she had put herself in hadn't dawned on her until that moment. That it might be problematic to be dating someone she is in charge of. But more importantly, they hadn't told Endeavor they were dating. She completely understood why Shoto wouldn't tell his dad about their relationship but were they supposed to hide their relationship now? A secret workplace romance? well, that thought terrified Edori even more, she wasn't good at secrets or hiding her emotions. Plus the stress of having to hide such a big secret might interfere with her hero work.

"Yo Elementary you okay?" Burnin' asked concerned as she walked past Edori's desk.

"Huh?" Edori looked up at her fellow hero breaking her mental spiral.

"You looked like you were about to vomit there!" Burnin laughed. "So what's up kid, why so stressed out?"

"Oh ah, nothing," Edori replied looking down at the papers in front of her.

"Hmm?' Burnin followed Edori's gaze and read the papers on her desk. "Oh, you stressed about leading the 2nd years? I thought you'd be excited to have them back tomorrow! Plus I'm sure you'll be totally fine leading them!"

"That's not it," Edori said looking up at her. Pausing for a moment to think how to phrase what she was worried about.

"No?' Burnin tilted her head looking at Edori. "Is it that Endeavor doesn't know you're dating his son?"

Edori's eyes widened looking up at her in utter shock. "How?"

Burnin laughed, "Well it's obvious you two are together. I mean he calls you every night and man did you see you two at the sports festival? So lovey Dovey I could puke!" she kept laughing placing her face in her hand.

"You think Endeavor already knows?" Edori asked concerned.

"No way!" Burnin's laughing stopped as she looked down at her. "That man is oblivious to love. But if you're so concerned about him finding out why not tell him?"

"Well I mean, he's Shoto's dad. Shouldn't he be the one to tell him?" Edori asked her confused.

"True," Burnin paused looking up at the ceiling to think. "But he's your boss." She continued looking back down at Edori with a smile "and do you really think he's going to disprove of you two together? What's the worst that could happen?"

"He fires me and says I can't see Shoto anymore," Edori says in all seriousness.

"Oh please." Burning placed a hand on Edori's shoulder. "He'd never fire you and even if he said you couldn't date Shoto, would that stop you two?"