Chapter 11: Preparing for the sports festival

It was time for the UA sports festival to begin. Everyone was excited and there was a lot of buzz going around the third years. This was their last chance to show the world their skills and the potential they had to be pros. However, for Edori, this was her first and only sports festival.

"Are you excited about the sports festival Edori?" Uraraka asked as they sat down for lunch.

"Totally! However I don't really know what to expect," she replied.

"The sports festival is usually broken up into three events," Midoriya informed her. "The first two rounds are elimination, ranging in events styles."

"Yeah, we had an obstacle course and a Calvary battle as our first two events last year," Uraraka added.

"Then there's a tournament with the last 16 students. That parts always the same," Midoriya continued.

"Hmm a tournament, that's the one-on-one battles, right? I watched that part last year on TV, everyone was incredible," Edori stated.

"Yeah, they were pretty intense," Uraraka laughed.

"This will probably be your first time fighting the other third years, rippit," Tsu commented.

"Hmm, we've had a few training activities where I've fought my classmates but I haven't met any of class B," Edori continued to think about the opportunity.

"Are you nervous about it?" Uraraka asked concerned.

"A little," Edori laughed sheepishly.

"You'll be fine," Todoroki said taking a seat beside Edori.

Edori turned to look at him with a soft smile. "You really think so?"

"Of course, you're incredibly strong and skilled. You'll do great," he said trying to encourage her.

"Yeah! And we'll come out and support you!" Uraraka cheered.

"I don't know about that," Iida said. "The events run simultaneously. So we will be participating at the same time."

"Might make it difficult to watch your games," Midoriya said to Edori.

"Hey no sweat," Edori replied. "I'll make sure to come and watch as much as I can," she said smiling.

They all smiled and continued eating their lunches.

Later that day Edori had training with Bakugou and Kirishima. They were all training extremely hard in preparation for the sports festival. They had been fighting for almost 2 hours straight when Kirishima fell to the floor, completely exhausted. He sat there trying to catch his breath as he watched Edori and Bakugou still going hard. They didn't give each other time to think between attacks.

"Wow, you two are incredible," he said watching them. He was kind of surprised how hard Edori was fighting. He'd never seen her so fired up.

Edori and Bakugou both stopped, staring at each other as they tried to catch their breath.

"I think that's enough," Kirishima said trying to optimize on their pause and try to make them take a break and calm down.

"Yeah," Edori answered panting. "I think you're right," she said before falling to the floor.

"Huh, loser, I could keep going," Bakugou said as he too, fell to the floor.

"What's gotten into you today, Edori?" Kirishima asked as he handed her a water bottle.

"What do you mean?" She questioned as she took a sip.

"You're never like this, what's got you so fired up?" He asked.