Chapter 19: Take a break

It had been a month since the sports festival and Edori had jumped full steam into her work-study. She was always working, either at Endeavors agency or training with her classmates, Bakuogo and Kirishima and now with Todoroki and Midoriya. They had heard whispers of the 2nd years starting their work studies again in the coming weeks and they couldn't contain their excitement. Edori ended up training them in her spare time to help them feel ready to be thrown back into hero work.

When Shoto and his friends started their work studies last year they had completely underestimated how quick-paced and fast on their feet they needed to be. While they grew a lot since then, they still felt the need to work harder to feel fully prepared for the workload.

That being said Edori had started taking on a larger workload from Endeavor's agency due to the increases in cases as well as preparing the second years.

"That's it for today," Midnight said as she excused her class.

Edori jumped up almost running for the door.

"Edo-chan slow down!" Myo called out chasing after her.

"Huh?" Edori paused in the hallway, looking back at her classmates.

"You've been running out of class every day," Kagayaku said walking up beside Myo.

She looked at them a little confused.

Myo sighed looking over to Kagayaku, struggling to find the words.

"It's just," he started but looked back at Myo.

"They are concerned you are pushing yourself too hard." Ito chimed in, walking past them. "You run out of class, do not return to the dorms until after midnight. I do not even think you eat breakfast in the mornings because you are already out of the dorms before anyone is awake."

"Yeah, we are just..." Myo looked over at her. "worried."

"Oh, I'm fine I promise," Edori said looking down. "I just got a lot to do, but I promise I'm taking care of myself" she half-heartedly laughed before turning to walk away.

"We know we just," Myo paused. "Edochan please take a break every now or then."

"I will don't worry" she smiled walking off.

"She's not going to stop is she?" Kagayaku turned to Myo.

"Nope," She sighed pulling out her phone and scrolling through her contacts.

"Reinforcements?" he asked before starting to walk to the dorms.

"Yes." She put her phone away and walked with him.

Edori was running back to the dorms when her phone suddenly started ringing. "Hello?" she answered.

"Hey Hisora, It's Burnin, turns out the villain base we were going to crash tonight already got handled by Endeavor this morning so don't worry about coming in. Take the night off. okay kid!"

Before Edori could say a word Burnin had already hung up. She stood there stunned, unsure what to do. She had already planned to go to the agency that night, so now that she wasn't, she initialilly thought to train with they boys. However, she assumed they would be busy doing something else given they didn't plan a training session. She headed up to her dorm figuring she could use the time to study and organize her notes which she had been putting aside.

Shoto was sitting in the 2A common room on his phone when Midoriya walked over to him.

"Hey Shoto, want to study tonight?" Midoriya asked as he took a seat beside him. "Edori's at her work-study tonight right, so no training then."