Chapter 17: After the sports festival

The sports festival went off without a hitch. Edori won amongst the third years and Midnight handed out the awards to everyone. Edori felt so proud getting her medal from her homeroom teacher. Midnight handed her the award with a bright, proud smile as the crowd cheered her name. It was an overwhelming warmth and praise from everyone. She felt amazing, having proven to not only everyone but herself, how capable she was.

When the ceronmony was done, Edori noticed both Daiichi and Myo staring at each other from across the stadium but not moving. Edori had wanted to ask him during their fight what happened between him and Myo but she couldn't manage it.

She made her way over to him, almost glaring. "Hey Daiichi!"

He stared at her, shocked, she was very intimiating, especially given she just beat his ass. "Ah yes?" he responded sheepishly.

"You went to the same middle school as Myo right?" she questioned him

"um yes." He looked down at the blonde now standing infront of him, glaring up at him. Her glare shook him to his core. 'Why the hell was she glaring at me' he thought, 'and asking about Myo' he was incredibly thrown off.

"And you two were friends back then right?" she continued.

"um yes." He responded getting a little confused. He had no idea why she was so mad or why she cared about his friendship with Myo.

"So what happened?" she raised an eyebrow at him, crossing her arms.

"huh?" he was confused.

"You stopped talking to her when you got to UA, why?" she said pointely continuing to glare.

Myo had noticed Edori walk up to him but was too shy to follow. She just stood back listening. She had never seen Edori stare someone down. She really wanted to go run inbteween them and stop everything but her feet wouldnt move.

"I ah," he paused looking away. Edori had just beat him but was more concerned about his relationship with Myo, he didnt understand why she cared about that. "she ah," he kept stuttering. "She made it into class A." he said under his breath

Edori dropped her arms looking up at him. He wouldnt look her in the eyes and his face dropped as the words escaped his mouth.

"She didn't need me." He said turning back to look at Myo.

"Why would you ever think that?" Edori said with a sigh, Myo and Daiichi were so caught up in their bad reputations affecting each other they lost so many years of their friendship. "Class A verus B doesn't mean one person is better than the other, and even if it did, why would that mean she doesn't need her friend anymore," she let out a sigh. "It's pretty lonely entering a new school and having your only friend be in another class and stop talking to you, don't you think?" She knew Daiichi wasnt the only one at fault for their friendship falling apart but she hoped pointing it out would at least open his eyes.

He looked back down at Edori with the sudden realization of what he had done. He had lost his closest friend for no reason, just their own insecurities. He nodded at Edori before making his way over to Myo. He stood beside her, almost towering over her with a soft smile. "You, ah," he paused looking down at her.

Myo looked at Edori who gave her a big smile before looking back at him. "You were incredible today," she said smiling at him. "You really improved your quirk."

He looked down at her shocked and blushing slightly. "I ah, was going to say the same about you," he sheepishly laughed before pausing. "I ah, I'm sorry," he turned away from her to look back at Edori. " I wasn't a very good friend."